Job Opportunity Job ID: 16630 Positions Location: St. Johns, MI Job Description General Purpose of Job: Accurately Description:
Positions Location: St. Johns, MI
General Purpose of Job:
Accurately Interviews and enters all Sparrow Clinton Hospital customers into the iSparrow (EPIC) System. Provides verification of all insurances and collects co-payments and deductibles as appropriate.
This job description is intended to cover the minimum essential duties assigned on a regular basis. Associates may be asked to perform additional duties as assigned by their leader. Leadership has the right to alter or modify the duties of the position.
- Interviews and Registers all customers including IP, OP, ED and 23-Hour Observations
- Processes pre-admission testing, pre-registration
- Schedules, revises or cancels patient appointments in the iSparrow (EPIC) System
- Works closely with the House Supervisor and other nursing staff regarding IPs, bed placement and transfers.
- Assists Physicians and clinical caregivers in obtaining medical records.
- Assumes the Switchboard as assigned.
- Handles incoming and outgoing mail and operates the postage machine when assigned.
- Verifies all Out Patient registrations and processes the MSPQ as appropriate
- Provides departments with required forms and collects paper signatures or E-signatures needed to complete their services
- Provides comfort measures and customer service gestures to patients and families.
- Rotates to other Patient Access Specialist Positions as assigned.
- Performs registration audits and coverage verifications, secures insurance authorization numbers as required
- Monitors work queues and makes appropriate corrections to accounts.
- Performs overhead paging, text paging, silent drills, and other Emergency Management support activities.
Job Requirements General RequirementsNoneWork ExperienceDocumented knowledge of Medical Terminology or completion of Medical Terminology class (in-person or online), preferred. Experience in one or more of the following: insurance, admitting, billing , or collections in a healthcare setting, preferred. Experience in Customer Service in one or more of the following: retail store cashier, salesperson, call center representative preferred. Previous Clerical or Healthcare experience preferred. EPIC experience preferred. Education• High school diploma or G.E.D. Specialized Knowledge and Skills• Able to operate office equipment such as PC, printer, fax machine, calculator. • Excellent phone and communication skills. • Able to effectively prioritize work responsibilities • Able to recognize and resolve problems. • Able to take initiative to carry out responsibilities.
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Job Family Administrative/Clerical Requirements: Shift Match Any Degree Type / Education Level High School / GED Status Per Diem Facility Sparrow Clinton Hospital Experience Level New Grad
Apply on company website