Job Opportunity Job ID: 22898 Positions Location: St. Johns, MI Job Description General Purpose of Job: Description:
Positions Location: St. Johns, MI
General Purpose of Job:
According to established procedures, cleans and services building areas; moves furniture, equipment, and supplies in and around hospital departments; and performs a variety of environmental service duties to maintain the hospital and off-site facilities in a neat, orderly, and sanitary condition.
This job description is intended to cover the minimum essential duties assigned on a regular basis. Caregivers may be asked to perform additional duties as assigned by their leader. Leadership has the right to alter or modify the duties of the position.
- Completes daily and discharge patient room cleaning, bed changing and stocking, and coordinates these activities with patient's condition and movement.
- Collects and disinfect isolation rooms.
- Collect soiled linen and transports clean covered linen carts to departments for daily use.
- Collects, transports trash, medical waste and pharmaceutical waste according to regulations.
- Cleans all clinical and non-clinical departments per department requirements.
- Dust mops, wet mops, scrubs and burnishes floors throughout the facilities.
- Operates various types of cleaning equipment, both mechanical and electrical such as floor machines, carpet extractors, automatic floor scrubbers, power washers and wide area vacuums.
- Properly cleans and stores equipment after use. Notifies supervisor of needed repairs or safety hazards.
Job Requirements General RequirementsNoneWork Experience• Previous cleaning experience in a healthcare setting is preferred. • Previous experience with operating floor care equipment preferred. Education • High school diploma or G.E.D.Specialized Knowledge and Skills• Verbal and written communication skills to take orders, read labels and instructions, and to respond to customer and organizational issues/needs. • Able to work without direct/constant supervision.
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Job Family Service/Support/Skilled Maintenance Requirements: Shift Match Any Degree Type / Education Level High School / GED Status Per Diem Facility Sparrow Clinton Hospital Experience Level New Grad
Apply on company website