Job Opportunity Job ID: 23388 Sparrow Mary Free Bed Rehabilitation Unit Description:
Positions Location: Lansing, MI
General Purpose of Job:
The Registered Nurse provides professional nursing services for the care and treatment of patients. The Registered Nurse assesses, plans, implements, and evaluates individual patient care in rehabilitation according to Nursing Service department policies, procedures, and standards. The Association of Rehabilitation Nurses Scope and Standards of Rehabilitation Nursing Practice also guides the Registered Nurse in providing patient care. Rehabilitation nursing services are designed to prevent complications of physical disability, restore optimal functioning, and help the individual adapt to an altered life-style.
- Assess patient condition and initiates appropriate nursing and / or medical care in accordance with established guidelines and evidence-based practice.
- Develops a plan of care based upon the assessment of the patient.
- Implements plan of care.
- Evaluates patient's response to care and updates care plan.
- Collaborate with the interdisciplinary team in assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating the patient's care, rehabilitation programs, and discharge plan.
- Modify assessment and management strategies based on considerations of physical, functional, cultural, social, and spiritual dimensions of human responses to actual and potential health problems.
- Provides a safe environment for patient and other caregivers.
- Employ principles of teaching and learning to educate patients and their families in the knowledge and skills that promote adaptation to disability.
- Reinforce teaching done by other disciplinary team members focusing on ADL's and mobility skills application.
- Coordinates all care given and team efforts on patient's behalf in a safe and cost effective manner.
- Documents assessment, plan, all care given, and patient response in the patient's record, with major emphasis on patient's functional ability.
- Delegates, directs, and supervises implementation of care plan to LPN, PCT or other health care workers.
- Assumes the mentor role for new associates and students.
- Participates in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of program performance improvement activities.
- Performs nursing activities in accordance with hospital policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates knowledge and use of unit-specific equipment and appropriate supplies used in the delivery for highest quality patient care.
- Maintains knowledge of current trends in nursing and rehabilitation and provides evidence of clinical competency in using the FIM instrument.
- Maintains professional standards by participating in inservices and mandatory hospital / department requirements.
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Job Family Registered Nurses/Nursing Leadership Requirements: Shift Nights Degree Type / Education Level Associate Status Part-time Non-Benefit Eligible Facility Sparrow Hospital Experience Level 4-9 Years
Apply on company website