Job Opportunity Job ID: 23523 Positions Location: Lansing, MI Job Description General Purpose of Job: The Description:
Positions Location: Lansing, MI
General Purpose of Job:
The Revenue Integrity department at Sparrow is made up of analytical thinkers who enjoy to troubleshoot, analyze and interpret data to identify problems and implement solutions in healthcare revenue cycle.
The Revenue Integrity department at Sparrow takes a multidiscipinary approach linking the revenue cycle operations, clinical operations, compliance, finance and information technology to ensure accurate and compliant revenue capture, billing for clinical services, prevention of revenue leakage and validation of accurate reimbursement.
Our team shares a passion for analytics, process improvement and desire for meaningful work.
Our team is built on collaboration, innovation, creativity and robust exchange of ideas.
Prepare and analyze key performance indicators within the Revenue Cycle. Facilitate process improvement related to Revenue Cycle by analyzing data, interacting with Revenue Cycle staff, and interacting with other departments that impact the revenue cycle..
This job description is intended to cover the minimum essential duties assigned on a regular basis. Caregivers may be asked to perform additional duties as assigned by their leader. Leadership has the right to alter or modify the duties of the position.
- Resolving and troubleshooting charging related errors in various work queues to ensure timely processing of accounts.
- Responsible for identifying charging issues and opportunities within departments, to expedite claims adjudication.
- Assists with analyzing data to identify opportunities for process improvement and help implement the solutions that ensure accurate and complaint charge capture
- Assists with critical Revenue Cycle projects by collaborating with key stakeholders.
- Liaison for the billing office team members. Answering questions and troubleshoot accounts as needed.
- Responsible for understanding of the entire revenue cycle and the factors that lead to denials and revenue loss
- Work closely with Payer Contracting team to ensure accurate set up of contract terms in Epic
- Create and review reimbursement and variance reports to identify and trend discrepancies in allowed amounts
- Assist in preparation of reports to share with payers when discrepancies in reimbursement are uncovered
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Job Family Management/Professional Requirements: Shift Days Degree Type / Education Level Bachelor's Status Full-time Facility Sparrow Hospital Experience Level New Grad
Apply on company website