Job Opportunity Job ID: 24078 Positions Location: Lansing, MI Job Description General Purpose of Job: The Description:
Positions Location: Lansing, MI
General Purpose of Job:
The President/CNO provides executive leadership and oversight of Sparrow Specialty Hospital. The President/CNO, works in collaboration with the Boards of Directors of Sparrow Specialty Hospital, medical staff and Sr. Vice President, Affiliate Operations in developing the overall strategic direction in a manner consistent with Sparrow's mission, vision and values. This position serves in both a management and governance role. This individual fulfills the governance role through membership on the Board of Directors of Sparrow Specialty Hospital and other affiliate entities and are responsible for providing support to the Hospital governing board. The President/CNO is responsible for daily operations and drives the engagement and empowerment of all members of the team (Physicians, Nurses, Staff, Volunteers and Leaders). The role serves as an effective champion for clinical operations, safety, security, quality, satisfaction and value; and ensures compliance to policies and standards set forth by state, federal, and hospital regulatory agencies.
This job description is intended to cover the minimum essential duties assigned on a regular basis. Additional duties may be assigned by the Sr. Vice President, Affiliate Operations in consultation with the Hospital Governing Board, who has the right to alter or modify the duties of the position as needed.
- Develops the long and short-range plans designed to enhance Hospital's position as a long-term acute care hospital.
- Participates in the formulation of objectives and operating goals for recommendation and adoption by the Hospital Governing Board and Health System.
- Collaborates with all SHS Executives and their respective teams to ensure that all goals are defined and achieved.
- Participates and engages in providing insight and collaboration in decisions of strategic nature with Sparrow Health System Executives and their Divisions, including Facilities, IT, Communication, Marketing, Risk, SMG, Research and other Affiliates.
- Evaluates organizational efficiency, effectiveness and productivity.
- Takes timely action regarding organizational and process changes as necessary to help achieve goals and objectives of the organization.
- Implements an effective ongoing program to measure, assess, and improve the quality of care delivered to Patients to Improve processes and redesigns services to improve Patient care and customer service.
- Represents Sparrow in community activities and with other health agencies.
- Attends executive and general staff meetings of the Medical Staff and Board meetings to address governance concerns such as access to capital, corporate structure, and other topics of major interest.
- In collaboration with chief financial officer, directs the development of operating and capital expenditure budgets for review and approval by the Health System and the Board of Directors. Ensures that Sparrow Specialty Hospital meets its operating objectives and program goals within budgetary guidelines. Evaluates revenue targets, dashboards and collaborates with the financial team on revenue cycle and revenue growth.
- In collaboration with the Human Resources, ensures availability of talented personnel and promotes the recruitment selection, retention, development, continuing education and advancement of professional, technical and support staff.
- Develops a highly engaged workforce including developing and maintaining ongoing professional relationships with organized labor leaders.
- Supports and abides by all Sparrow Health System and safety policies and procedures.
- Serves as a catalyst to inspire the advancement of high-quality care, lower costs, and benchmark-level Patient and Provider experiences.
- Mobilizes organization and cultural transformation through relationships with diverse stakeholders based on alignment of purpose, mutual benefit transparency and trust while fully empowering teams and holding self and others accountable for achieving required outcomes.
- Serves as a role model for collaborative behavior across the organization while championing an atmosphere of collaboration.
Chief Nursing Officer (CNO) Responsibilities:
- Collaborates with leaders across management, medical staff, clinical areas and the Health System to create decision making structures and processes to support Sparrow's mission, vision, values, and goals. This requires a relentless commitment to the effective use of robust process improvement tools (i.e., PDCA, LEAN, Six Sigma and change management).
- Provides oversight and support for High Reliability Organization initiatives.
- Oversees and aids in development of the quality of care plan, in coordination with the CMQO and System VP of Quality and Safety.
- Oversees and aids in the development of Safety and Security plan for both patients, providers and caregivers.
- Participates in evaluating, selecting, and integrating health care technology and information management systems that support Patient care needs and effective use of nursing and Patient care provider resources.
- Ensures compliance with policies and ensures conformance with all state and federal licensure, accreditation and regulatory requirements. Serves as primary executive liaison for The Joint Commission and other regulatory agencies; has primary accountability for accreditation standards for the organization.
- Establish and monitor staff requirements in nursing and clinical services. Determines minimum staffing levels for all areas of responsibility in accordance with federal, state, and local regulations.
- Evaluates the quality of patient care, identifies problem areas and initiates changes for improvement in patient care and staff development.
- Consults with clinical managers/supervisors regarding interviews, hires, disciplines, evaluates and assigns work to subordinate clinical staff in accordance with hospital policy.
- Is responsible for the supervision of clinical managers and supervisors for areas of responsibility.
- Promotes and maintains confidentiality of patients, Caregivers and visitors.
- Oversees the functions of Performance Improvement, Infection Control, Case Management and Utilization Review.
- Supports hospital wide systems for risk identification, investigation and reduction. Performs risk surveys and inspects patient care areas. Reviews facility and equipment to assess loss exposure. Assists in researching and drafting hospital policies and procedures that affect liability exposures.
- Oversees the planning, implementation and evaluation of orientation, in-service and other educational programming for current and new Caregivers to meet regulatory agencies and educational needs of the Hospital.
- Monitors customer satisfaction and initiates corrective action.
- Champions timely resolutions of investigations (abuse/neglect, regulatory issues, corporate compliance and
- Caregiver Relations).
- Oversees the planning and implementation of a clinical educational program. Programs are directed to all current and new Caregivers of the hospital, as well as physicians, to advise them of their responsibilities and obligations.
- May provide direct patient care as necessary to assist Caregivers, resolve complex cases or with emergencies, as allowed by licensure.
- Oversees and monitors admission/discharge and utilization review process.
- Ensures that all Nursing Caregivers, including self, provide service that surpasses patient and customer needs and requirements.
- Serves on Medical Staff Executive Committee and directs/oversees all clinical committees as required.
Sparrow Specialty Hospital is a Long Term Care Hospital
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Job Family Management/Professional Requirements: Shift Days Degree Type / Education Level Master's Status Full-time Facility Sparrow Specialty Hospital Experience Level 10 Years and Above
Apply on company website