Job Opportunity Job ID: 18642 Positions Location: Lansing, MI Job Description General Purpose of Job: Provides Description:
Positions Location: Lansing, MIJob Description
General Purpose of Job:
Provides general expertise in the area of Performance Improvement (PI). Promotes quality through utilization of the PI Plan, Medical Staff Bylaws, external criteria (accreditation and regulatory standards) and policies and procedures of the health system. Major areas of focus include collection, analysis and reporting of data.
This job description is intended to cover the minimum essential duties assigned on a regular basis. Caregivers may be asked to perform additional duties as assigned by their leader. Leadership has the right to alter or modify the duties of the position.
- Produces severity-adjusted reports, with analysis, as applicable to quality issues. Utilizes system databases (e.g. EPIC, Quantros).
- Facilitates organizational compliance with external agency accreditation standards (e.g. the Joint Commission, Healthcare Facilities Accreditation Program).
- Collaborates with clinical and service line leadership and colleagues in identifying quality of care improvement opportunities.
- Analyzes and displays data using common PI tools (e.g. run charts, histograms). Maintains trended reports and summaries of key findings of PI activities.
- Maintains knowledge of current trends and developments in PI as it relates to regulatory and accreditation requirements.
- Participates in health system committees, task forces, and teams working to improve clinical quality and patient safety.
- May design and teach PI educational programs. Assists with orientation and education of new physicians, managers, and caregivers.
- Provides clinical data as needed to fulfill OPPE & FPPE profiles on physicians.
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Job Family Management/Professional Requirements: Shift Days Degree Type / Education Level Bachelor's Status Full-time Facility Sparrow Hospital Experience Level Under 4 Years
Apply on company website