Job Opportunity Job ID: 29579 Positions Location: Lansing, MI Job Description General Purpose of Job: Description:
Positions Location: Lansing, MI
General Purpose of Job:
Evaluate patients, plan treatment programs and perform physical therapy procedures to restore function, prevent disability, reduce pain, maximize potential and quality of life following disease, injury or surgery.
This job description is intended to cover the minimum essential duties assigned on a regular basis. Associates may be asked to perform additional duties as assigned by their leader. Leadership has the right to alter or modify the duties of the position.
- Evaluate and assess patient\u2019s functional status. Such areas of assessment include range of motion, strength, reflexes, tone, posture, gait, orthotic or prosthetic fit and sensorimotor function, wheelchair seating etc.
- Develop realistic, functional goals mutually agreed upon with the patient / family.
- Employ principles of teaching and learning to educate patients and their families in the knowledge and skills that promote functional restoration of mobility.
- Perform treatment according to the established plan, utilizing all available modalities (i.e. heat / cold, hydrotherapy, electrical stimulation, massage, joint mobilization, exercise etc.), equipment and techniques within the scope of physical therapy.
- Document assessment, plan, all care given, and the patient response in the patient record.
- Collaborate with the interdisciplinary team in assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating the patient\u2019s care, rehabilitation programs, and related rehabilitation activities.
- Actively participate in case conference, care rounds, and family meetings to progress patient toward rehab goals and discharge planning.
- Re-evaluate patients, assess their progress, and make recommendations as to their discharge planning.
- Maintain professional standards by participating in inservices and hospital / department requirements.
- Delegates, directs, and supervises implementation of care to PTA, PCT, and physical therapy students.
FLOAT PT POSITION. Start times as early as 0630 and end times as late as 1930. Provides coverage in inpatient and outpatient areas at Sparrow Hospital and Affiliate Hospitals.
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Job Family Clinical Professional/Technical/Allied Health Requirements: Shift Days Degree Type / Education Level Master's Status Full-time Facility Sparrow Hospital Experience Level Under 4 Years
Apply on company website