Job Opportunity Job ID: 23661 Positions Location: Lansing, MI Job Description General Purpose of Job: Prepare Description:
Positions Location: Lansing, MI
General Purpose of Job: Prepare medication and pharmaceutical supplies for dispensing upon receiving prescriptions from physician or other qualified prescriber under the supervision of a registered pharmacist and according to established procedures.
This job description is intended to cover the minimum essential duties assigned on a regular basis. Caregivers may be asked to perform additional duties as assigned by their leader. Leadership has the right to alter or modify the duties of the position.
- Fills medication orders and stock requests and restock Pyxis medication cabinets. Maintain adequate stock levels in the department of all drugs and supplies to facilitate the processing of requests.
- Provides accurate, efficient, and friendly service to the nursing units. Supports and assists the other members of the decentralized team. Completes the functions identified in the decentralized job descriptions and assist all associates with all other functions to assure complete, timely and accurate pharmacy services.
- Supports the IV admixture service by ensuring that all IV solutions are prepared and delivered to the correct units in a timely manner; prepares STAT and new orders immediately; assists in labeling premixed solutions and piggyback medications; helps keep the IV room clean and well stocked; works closely with the nursing units and IV therapy on scheduling and releasing chemotherapeutic solutions; and ensures that discontinued IV solutions are removed promptly from the nursing unit and are returned to the pharmacy.
- Assists in the filling and billing of Outpatient prescriptions: waits on customers at the pharmacy window; enters patients, insurances, and prescriptions into the Outpatient computer system; and fills new and refill prescriptions for checking by a pharmacist. Assists with the reconciliation and posting of insurance payments.
- Ensures that all patient medication drawers are accurately and completely stocked: completes cart filling quickly and accurately; ensures that new medication orders are quickly filled and the medications placed in the appropriate drawers or specified location; reviews the expiration dates of all items placed in the carts or delivered to the units; updates patient medication drawers and files from ADT reports.
- Works closely with the other members of the Pharmacy team to provide accurate and efficient service to department customers. Willingly and cheerfully assists other Pharmacy Associates as the workload and staffing requires. Is actively involved in the training and mentoring of new Associates or assists in this training by supporting, encouraging, and assisting new Associates whenever possible.
- Serves as a representative of the Pharmacy to all department customers. Displays responsibility in helping to provide quality, compassionate, cost-effective pharmaceutical care to all customers. Is aware of the department's overall goals and objectives and works to promote and support these goals.
- Compounding of Non-sterile medications up to and including Moderate Compounding as defined by USP<795> and Sterile medications up to and including Medium Risk as defined by USP <797>
- Compounding caregivers adhere to the prescription or medical order for the strength, quality and purity of compounding preparations. Compounded products are packaged, labeled and dispensed according to current laws and regulations.
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Job Family Service/Support/Skilled Maintenance Requirements: Shift Variable Degree Type / Education Level High School / GED Status Part-time Benefit Eligible Facility Sparrow Hospital Experience Level Under 4 Years
Apply on company website