Job Opportunity Job ID: 18546 Positions Location: St. Johns, MI Job Description General Purpose of Job: Devote Description:
Positions Location: St. Johns, MI
General Purpose of Job:
Devote time, attention and energy to providing professional medical services that are representative of the highest quality, compassionate medical care that can be provided to Hospital's patients.
This job description is intended to cover the minimum essential duties assigned on a regular basis. Caregivers may be asked to perform additional duties as assigned by their leader. Leadership has the right to alter or modify the duties of the position.
Note: Physicians all have individual contracts which specify individual duties, reimbursement, and benefits.
• Be available not less than the required number of hours per week for patient contact time and other responsibilities as assigned by Hospital's President/CEO or designee.
• Maintain hours on such days and of such duration as necessary to provide timely and comprehensive medical and surgical services to all of the Hospital's patients that seek treatment.
• Participate in call coverage and \"on-duty\" and \"on-call\" responsibilities on nights, weekends and holidays on an equitable basis with other physicians in Physician's practice group in accordance with the call schedule developed by Physician's practice or practice group leader.
• Utilize and conform to the billing, collection and accounting systems and practices maintained by Hospital and Sparrow Health System and as designated by the SMG Board.
• Refer patients requiring medically necessary care to an affiliate Sparrow Health System, if such services are available at a Sparrow Health System affiliate facility, unless (i) a patient expresses a different choice, (ii) the patient's insurer requires a different provider, or (iii) the best medical interest of the patient demands a different referral in physician's judgment.
• Assist in the supervision and evaluation of clinical office personnel, and make recommendation regarding clinical office personnel and actively participate in SMG and practice level management and operations, including, without limitation, attendance at SMG all-physician meetings, practice group meetings, and other such meetings related to SMG or Physician's practice group.
• Assist with the recruitment and development of additional or replacement physicians.
• Engage in such educational programs, including teaching residents, interns and medical students as requested or directed.
• Complete all medical record entries within a reasonable time after patient contact and comply with additional requirements related to documentation and coding.
• Participate in the ongoing development of Physician's practice speciality within the Hospital, including assisting in connection with the development of polices, procedures and protocols and operational matters in conjunction with the SMG Board.
• Assist as requested by the SMG Board or Hospital in developing, reviewing and implementing revisions to Hospital's and SMG's quality assurance, quality improvement and related programs as they relate to Physicians' practice speciality.Job Requirements General Requirements• Demonstrates knowledge and maintains and respects patient right to privacy by following the HIPAA Privacy and Security policies and procedures. • Adheres to ICARE values and standards of behavior (Innovation, Compassion, Accountability, Respect, Excellence). • Role model behaviors that value the diversity of our caregivers, patients and customers and supports creating an environment that is inclusive, welcoming and respectful. • Communicates with patients, families and customers using AIDET (Acknowledge, Introduce, Duration, Explanation, Thank). • Works in a safe manner and promptly reports any hazards identified in the work environment or related to assigned responsibilities. • Adheres to policies and procedures designed to avoid, prevent and reduce the spread of communicable diseases.Work Experience• Five years of clinical experience. Preferred.Education• MD or DO • Board-Certified or Board - Eligible in Orthopedic Surgery (within five years of residency)Specialized Knowledge and Skills• Demonstrate support for efficient and effective resource utilization and medical management techniques. • Highly developed interpersonal skills; and ability to organize, manage, and assume the risks of operating a business. • Highly respected by the medical staff, nursing, administration, and other members of the health care team. • Demonstrates ability to use a keyboard as may be required to perform the essential duties of the job
Sparrow Carson Hospital, located in Carson City, Michigan, and Sparrow Clinton Hospital, located in St. Johns, Michigan (1/2 hour SE of Carson City) are seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated BC/BE General Orthopaedic Surgeon to join their joint practice. Sparrow Carson and Clinton Hospitals are affiliates of Sparrow Health System (SHS) in Lansing, Michigan, the largest non-profit health care systems in the mid-Michigan.
- Award-winning, growing community-based hospitals
- Established practices with 900+ cases per year
- Flexible schedule
- Chance to practice in a small town but be part of a larger regional health system
- EPIC EMR
- Top performers in quality initiatives
Position is hospital-employed and offers:
- Excellent compensation and benefits including medical, dental and vision coverage
- Relocation assistance, 401(k) with matching funds, generous CME benefits
- Malpractice insurance that includes tail coverage
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Job Family Physicians & Advanced Practice Providers Requirements: Shift Match Any Degree Type / Education Level MD/DO Status Full-time Facility Sparrow Clinton Hospital Experience Level Under 4 Years
Apply on company website