Job Opportunity Job ID: 23242 Positions Location: Lansing, MI Job Description General Purpose of Job: APP Description:
Positions Location: Lansing, MI
General Purpose of Job:
APP coverage/interaction to improve patient care and throughput in OB Triage. The APP promotes safety and quality in clinical care, contributes to research and teaching, and provides leadership in the organization. Provides care in both OB triage area as well as L&D.
This job description is intended to cover the minimum essential duties assigned on a regular basis. Caregivers may be asked to perform additional duties as assigned by their leader. Leadership has the right to alter or modify the duties of the position.
- The APP performs: The APP is responsible for the assessment, plan, implementation and evaluation of care delivered to antepartum, intrapartum and postpartum, and new-born patients.
- Physical exams
- Collects and documents data
- Only CNM manages labor and spontaneous delivery
- Conducts diagnostic and therapeutic procedures
- Orders and schedules laboratory studies and professional consultations
- Prescribes appropriate interventions and medications
- Assess the physical condition of patients through performance of physical examination and obtaining a medical history.
- Formulate a medical plan and prognosis based on patient's condition.
- Performs selected invasive procedures for therapeutic and/or diagnostic reasons within the scope of validated competence.
- Only CNM performs spontaneous vaginal deliveries and consult with a physician when complications occur.
- Anticipates and recognizes deviations from normal infant deliveries and institutes procedures designed to safeguard the well-being of mothers and babies, such as resuscitation of newborns, treatment of hemorrhage and shock, fetal distress, prolapsed cord, and other life threatening conditions.
- Order, interpret, and evaluate diagnostic tests to identify and assess the patient's clinical problems and health care needs..
- Complies with medical records policies regarding the complete and accurate documentation of patient care. Initiates and maintains required records and legal documents.
- Counsels patients, families, and significant others about health and illness, and promotes health maintenance.
- Evaluates, plans, implements, and re-evaluates the care of individuals requiring emergency care.
- Participates in quality improvement activities.
- Designs and participates in research that is relevant to health care needs of patients, their families, and the community.
- Will work closely with OB/GYN physicians, residents and fellows.
Women's Health APP Position with Sparrow Medical Group
Sparrow Medical Group (SMG) is a large multispecialty group that delivers exceptional patient care and is the premiere physician organization in a diverse and family friendly community. The Sparrow Health System with SMG are committed to improving access to medical care across the Mid-Michigan region. The SMG Women's Health service at Sparrow Hospital is expanding clinical services. Sparrow Medical Group is seeking a clinically dynamic, full-time, APP to join its program in Lansing, Michigan.
- 676 hospital beds
- 4100 + deliveries per year
- Level 3 Neonatal ICU
- Level 1 Trauma Center
- OB Anesthesia Center of Excellence (COE)
- Diverse socioeconomic and multicultural patient population.
- Working with 4th year OB/GYN Residents and MFM
- No Call
- 1-2 year experience in OB required
Position is hospital-employed and offers:
- Excellent compensation, medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Relocation assistance, 401(k) with matching funds, generous CME benefits
- Malpractice insurance that includes tail coverage
Learn more about this position by contacting:
Tammy Hill, recruitment Specialist, Physician & APP Recruitment
Equal Opportunity Employer
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Job Family Physicians & Advanced Practice Providers Requirements: Shift Days Degree Type / Education Level Master's Status Full-time Facility Sparrow Hospital Experience Level Under 4 Years
Apply on company website