Job Opportunity Job ID: 21068 Positions Location: Lansing, MI Job Description General Purpose of Job: Responsible for Description:
Positions Location: Lansing, MI
General Purpose of Job:
Responsible for providing assessment, evaluation, and treatment of pediatric patients in the newborn nursery under the guidance of the Pediatric Hospitalist physicians.
This job description is intended to cover the minimum essential duties assigned on a regular basis. Caregivers may be asked to perform additional duties as assigned by their leader. Leadership has the right to alter or modify the duties of the position.
- Facilitates appropriate admissions to appropriate health system units by initiating orders, coordinating with appropriate attending physician, and moderating medication reconciliation process
- Performs and dictates History & Physical, medical Consultation, Discharge Summary and SOAP notes as per pediatric hospitalist service standards
- Assists with development of plan of care
- Attend Deliveries
- Take 1st Call and must carry a pager while working and on-call
- Reviews diagnostic X-Rays, monitors lab values and other diagnostic studies.
- Performs daily rounds as assigned by Pediatric Hospitalist physicians
- Performs procedures that fall in the scope of Sparrow Medical Staff credential
- Communicates with physicians, nursing staff, residents and other members of the medical team to maintain current and accurate updates in patient status.
- May need to provide care during transport.
- Determine the need for and perform core specialized diagnostic, therapeutic and other procedures.
- Consultation for Newborn nursery and pre-natal consults for families.
- Involved in unit education for nursing staff, participate in research.
- Display leadership skills.
APP Pediatric Hospitalist Position with Sparrow Medical Group
Sparrow Medical Group (SMG) is a multispecialty physician group and the premier physician organization of Sparrow Health System (SHS) is seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated, full-time APP to join their Pediatric Hospitalist department located in Lansing, Michigan. SMG delivers exceptional quality care in a diverse and family friendly community. SHS and SMG are committed to improving access to medical care across the Mid-Michigan region.
- Competitive salary
- Working with newborns
- Inpatient only
- Newly remodeled Pediatric unit
- Closed NICU/PICU
- Flexible shifts
- EPIC EMR
- Top performer in quality initiatives
- Membership in the Mayo Clinic Care Network connects Sparrow physicians with Mayo Clinic experts through eConsults and additional clinical resources
Position is hospital-employed and offers:
- Excellent compensation and benefits including medical, dental and vision coverage
- Relocation assistance, 401(k) with matching funds, generous CME benefits
- Malpractice insurance that includes tail coverage
Learn more about this position by contacting:
Tammy Hill, Provider Recruitment Specialist
Equal Opportunity Employer
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Job Family Physicians & Advanced Practice Providers Requirements: Shift Days Degree Type / Education Level Master's Status Full-time Facility Sparrow Hospital Experience Level Under 4 Years
Apply on company website