Job Opportunity Job ID: 24077 Positions Location: Lansing, MI Job Description General Purpose of Job: Perform Description:
Positions Location: Lansing, MI
General Purpose of Job:
Perform general clerical duties associated with patient services to include: scheduling, greeting, admitting and discharging patients, answering all incoming phone calls, filing, and assisting with maintenance of medical records.
This job description is intended to cover the minimum essential duties assigned on a regular basis. Associates may be asked to perform additional duties as assigned by their leader. Leadership has the right to alter or modify the duties of the position.
- Greet, interact with, direct patients, visitors and others appropriately. Provide relevant information regarding department procedures, fees, and services. Facilitate referral to physicians and ancillary departments.
- Answer incoming calls, respond to inquiries or appropriately make referral within the department or outside the practice. Open, sort, review and distribute mail.
- Participate in compiling pertinent data for patient demographic records, admit and discharge patients, schedule appointments, refer for tests and other services and take phone notes.
- Complete required forms/reports and enter data into computer, for correct insurance billing. Tabulate receipts, following billing procedures.
- Maintain records/files, obtain authorization forms for services and release of records.
- Operate various standard and/or automated office equipment(computer, typewriter, calculator, telephone, intercom, photocopy machine and fax).
- Assume preceptor role for new clerical assistant and/or new medical assistant clerical.
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Apply on company website