Job Opportunity Job ID: 21670 Positions Location: East Lansing, MI Job Description General Purpose of Job: Description:
Positions Location: East Lansing, MI
General Purpose of Job:
Responsible for the efficient and effective processing of patients through the practice/clinic. Assists providers in providing high quality, compassionate patient care.
This job description is intended to cover the minimum essential duties assigned on a regular basis. Associates may be asked to perform additional duties as assigned by their leader. Leadership has the right to alter or modify the duties of the position.
- Prepares patient for examination. Obtains vital signs and chief complaint. Appropriately documents information obtained.
- Performs laboratory and diagnostic testing.
- Answers, screens and triages telephone calls. Takes accurate messages and distributes to the appropriate personnel within the guidelines of the practice.
- Schedules tests and referral appointments for patients.
- Administers oral and injectable medication. Phones prescriptions to pharmacies.
- Engages and helps promote patient/family teaching as appropriate; and provides an educational environment for patients and patient families.
- Maintains practice standards by participating in in-services, committees, etc. May assist in developing and implementing quality control and practice policies.
- Inventories, orders and restocks areas as necessary.
- Maintains and cleans equipment and environmental safety as required.
Provides clerical services as required to maintain an effective practice flow.- include but are not limited to scheduling, patient reminders, clinic mailings, etc.Job Requirements General RequirementsBLS preferred MA Certification preferredWork ExperienceRelevant clinical experience within the past 5 years; if no clinical experience, completion of training in past year Six months work experience in medical office setting preferred Experience with an EMR preferred Diabetes clinic experience preferredEducationHigh School Diploma, (2) GED or (3) the successful completion of twelve grades combined with the continued enrollment in an Early College Program. Successfully complete a Medical Assistant program, including externship. Specialized Knowledge and SkillsAbility to provide care for patients, which is age specific to their physical and safety needs, psychosocial concerns and educational level. Necessary visual and auditory acuity required to monitor patient's condition and operate department equipment Demonstrates a positive team attitude and has interpersonal skills to effectively and appropriately communicate with clients, their families, providers and co-workers.
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Job Family Patient Services/Nursing Support Requirements: Shift Days Degree Type / Education Level High School / GED Status Full-time Facility Sparrow Hospital Experience Level Under 4 Years
Apply on company website