Job Opportunity Job ID: 23671 Positions Location: Lansing, MI Job Description General Purpose of Job: Description:
Positions Location: Lansing, MI
General Purpose of Job:
Responsible for creating an outstanding first impression of Sparrow Laboratories by greeting, screening, and guiding patients at Collection Sites. This will support the objective of maintaining a safe, secure and orderly environment.
This job description is intended to cover the minimum essential duties assigned on a regular basis. Caregivers may be asked to perform additional duties as assigned by their leader. Leadership has the right to alter or modify the duties of the position.
- Conduct Visitor and Caregiver screening as recommended by Sparrow Hospital, which may include taking temperature, asking screening questions and providing appropriate personal protective equipment.
- Provide a positive first impression of Sparrow Laboratories to patients and visitors by extending a cordial welcome and assisting with needs.
- Greet patients, visitors and caregivers.
- Recognize potential problems, work to resolve those problems, and communicate them to others as appropriate.
- Provides directions and wayfinding assistance to patients and visitors.
- Answers questions and refers patients and visitors to appropriate resources.
- Responds to safety hazards according to facility procedures to include: water on floor, objects inadvertently blocking doors, electrical cords removed or taped, and misplaced furniture.
- Immediately report any accidents to Leader on duty.
- Report suspicious behaviour.
- Maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
- Use of screening tools and technology for visitors, patients and caregivers.
- Keep work area safe from hazards
Job Requirements General Requirements• Demonstrates knowledge and maintains and respects patient right to privacy by following the HIPAA Privacy and Security policies and procedures. • Adheres to ICARE values and standards of behavior (Innovation, Compassion, Accountability, Respect, Excellence). • Role model behaviors that value the diversity of our caregivers, patients and customers and supports creating an environment that is inclusive, welcoming and respectful. • Communicates with patients, families and customers using AIDET (Acknowledge, Introduce, Duration, Explanation, Thank). • Works in a safe manner and promptly reports any hazards identified in the work environment or related to assigned responsibilities. • Adheres to policies and procedures designed to avoid, prevent and reduce the spread of communicable diseases. Work Experience• Previous experience dealing with the public. Preferred. Education• Minimum High School Diploma or GEDSpecialized Knowledge and Skills• Interpersonal skills to effectively and appropriately communicate with patients and others • Excellent communication and public relations skills
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Job Family Administrative/Clerical Requirements: Shift Variable Degree Type / Education Level High School / GED Status Full-time Facility Sparrow Hospital Experience Level Under 4 Years
Apply on company website