Job Opportunity Job ID: 23282 Variable days/afternoons with weekend and on-call rotation Description:
Positions Location: Lansing, MI
General Purpose of Job:
Assist patients, physicians, customers and caregivers in an accurate, organized manner. Serves as the initial contact with patients arriving for Imaging Services.
This job description is intended to cover the minimum essential duties assigned on a regular basis. Caregivers may be asked to perform additional duties as assigned by their leader. Leadership has the right to alter or modify the duties of the position.
- Greet patients and obtain pertinent patient demographic/insurance information for registration to process orders for patient exams.
- Respond to inquiries concerning the activities and operation of department by referring to established policies and procedures.
- Answer all incoming phone calls.
- Copy films from PACS for referring physicians and patient pick up.
- Provide support and assistance to the Radiologists to streamline workflow in an electronic environment that facilitates rapid turnaround of interpretation results.
- Operate various standard office equipment such as photocopier, fax, computer and tube system. Use of computer/specified computer programs, to obtain department reports.
- Fix patient files in PACS System (demographics with correct images).
- Distribute and call radiology preliminary results to ED, Critical Care and Nursing Units and referring physicians.
- Assist with the completion of studies on the Incomplete Worklist, by checking in patient's study, correcting demographic errors and coordinating physician interpretation of study.
- Obtain patient information, lab results, prior images for Radiologist review prior to scheduling biopsy procedures.
- Schedule MRI exams ordered for inpatients
- Assisting technologists with various duties such as transporting and moving patients and identifying images for processing.
- Responsible to Ultrasound, Okemos, Sparrow Health Center Lansing and Mammography duties as assigned for relief during vacations, sick calls, etc.
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Job Family Administrative/Clerical Requirements: Shift Variable Degree Type / Education Level High School / GED Status Full-time Facility Sparrow Hospital Experience Level New Grad
Apply on company website