Job Opportunity Job ID: 23138 Positions Location: Lansing, MI Job Description General Purpose of Job: The Description:
Positions Location: Lansing, MI
General Purpose of Job:
The Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS) is an advanced practice nurse with a specialty focus (e.g. population, setting, disease subspecialty, type of care, type of problem). Working within the Transformational Model for Professional Practice, the CNS uses specialized knowledge and skills to advance the professional practice of nursing care within the organization.
This job description is intended to cover the minimum essential duties assigned on a regular basis. Associates may be asked to perform additional duties as assigned by their leader. Leadership has the right to alter or modify the duties of the position.
- Expert clinical nurse develops nursing practice to positively impact patient outcomes/clinical outcomes.
- Consults on complex patients or populations of patients.
- Creates and revises nursing policies and procedures using current evidence to achieve positive outcomes.
- Leads or assists interdisciplinary teams to enhance the quality and safety of patient care.
- Designs, implements, and evaluates programs/initiatives that are congruent with strategic plans, regulatory agency requirements, and established nursing standards.
- Mentors evidence based nursing practice by utilizing current evidence to evaluate practice and implement appropriate changes.
- Supports patient education by evaluating and developing materials appropriately.
- Develops, implements, and disseminates nursing research by acting as a principle investigator, mentor, or consultant.
- Acts as a change agent in the implementation of practice changes.
Advances the science of nursing through participation in professional organizations, publications and presentations.Job Requirements General RequirementsBasic Life Support (BLS) Current State of Michigan nursing license Certification as a CNS or in specialty area preferredWork ExperienceAt least three years experience in specialty area.EducationMaster's degree in nursing Specialized Knowledge and SkillsComputer literate Able to handle stressful situations and manage conflict Project and time management skills Interpersonal skills for effective communication. Accountable for professional development and maintenance of competencies Excellent attendance
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
MS/MSN and CNS licensure required; minimum 3 years CV/Open Heart experience; critical care/CNS certification required; BLS and ACLS required; cath lab experience preferred; CALS preferred/required in 1 year; ACLS instructor preferred/required in 1.5 yearsJob Family Registered Nurses/Nursing Leadership Requirements: Shift Days Degree Type / Education Level Master's Status Full-time Facility Sparrow Hospital Experience Level 4-9 Years
Apply on company website