Job Opportunity Job ID: 23378 Positions Location: Lansing, MI Job Description General Purpose of Job: The Description:
Positions Location: Lansing, MI
General Purpose of Job:
The clinical dietitian provides professional nutrition services for the care and treatment of patients, by screening, assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating individual patient care according to Food and Nutrition Services policies, procedures and standards of care, in conjunction with the medical staff and other ancillary services.
This job description is intended to cover the minimum essential duties assigned on a regular basis. Associates may be asked to perform additional duties as assigned by their leader. Leadership has the right to alter or modify the duties of the position.
- Assesses nutritional status of patients and initiates appropriate nutritional care in accordance with established guidelines. This may include ordering and evaluation of nutrition-related labs and assessment of vitamin and mineral status. May conduct nutrition focused physical exams to help diagnose malnutrition.
- Develops and implements nutrition care plans based upon assessment of the patient. Evaluates patient's response, updates care plan and documents assessment plan and response in the patient record.This may include ordering therapeutic diet prescription, tube feeding orders, therapeutic diet adjustment (orders), tube feeding management (adjustment of rate, volume, formula, water flushes) and management of vitamin/mineral supplementation and pancreatic enzyme dosing. Give recommendations and /or pend Parenteral Nutrition orders including electrolytes as needed.
- Instructs or counsels patients and patients significant others on nutritional needs, diet modifications, and food/drug interactions.
- Participates in medical rounds to maximize nutrition therapy
- Instructs or counsels patients on nutritional needs, diet modifications, and food/drug interactions.
- Teaches nutrition classes for patients, hospital personnel and community groups. Assumes preceptor role for new Associates, diet techs, student dietitians and/or student volunteers and dietetic interns, medical students, GI, Trauma and Pulmonary Fellows., .
- Resource for physicians, hospital personnel and the community regarding nutrition practices. Maintains knowledge of current trends in nutrition. Maintains professional standards by participating in inservices, committees, and by being members of established hospital committees and task forces.
- Participates in quality improvement initiatives within the hospital and department.
- Participates in clinical research projects that impact nutrition
- Monitors and evaluates nutritional care provided by dietetic technicians.
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Job Family Clinical Professional/Technical/Allied Health Requirements: Shift Days Degree Type / Education Level High School / GED Status Full-time Facility Sparrow Hospital Experience Level New Grad
Apply on company website