Job Opportunity Job ID: 23925 Physicians Health Plan, IT, Analyst Description:
Positions Location: Lansing, MI
The Business Systems Analyst designs, optimizes and implements application systems and works continually to improve applications and systems through upgrades, expansion, other projects and mentoring of others.
The Business Systems Analyst works in a fast paced, changing health insurance environment. The analyst's primary role is helping PHP (Physicians Health Plan) develop and implement technology solutions in a cost-effective way by determining the requirements of a project or program, and communicating them clearly to all stakeholders.
- Participate in analyzing, designing and implementing business systems.
- Work to continually improve applications through upgrades, expansion, and other projects.
- Troubleshoot application issues, identify root cause and work with customers to implement resolution
- Execute small scale optimization related projects
- Escalate issues to vendors
- Develop test scripts for new functionality
- Own sub-projects of larger projects led by intermediate, advanced and senior analysts
- Monitor ticket queue, make sure ticket assignments are appropriate and have complete information for trouble shooting/resolution., obtain additional information from customer
- Resolve common applications issues, trouble shoot and document resolution.
- Project support to analysts—tasks associated with projects to assist analyst
- Provides go-live elbow support
- Execute test scripts for unit testing and integrated testing for enhancements and upgrades, etc.
- Provides tier II support during helpdesk peak call times
Job Requirements Work Experience• Must complete and receive a satisfactory score on analytic skills assessment Preferred: • Analytic experience in a health plan, healthcare or IT environment.EducationBachelor's or Master's degree relevant field OR Associates degree and a minimum of 4 years of professional experience. Relevant courses of study including: Engineering (any kind) Accounting, Business, Economics, Finance, Supply Chain Computer Science/Technology Healthcare Administration or Public Health Math/Science/Logic/Statistics Analytically Oriented Humanities fieldsSpecialized Knowledge and SkillsDesire for meaningful work and real responsibility Demonstrable and strong problem solving skills Creative and critical thinking skills Strong written and verbal communications skills Strong interpersonal skills Professionalism Collaborative and ambitious Service and process improvement mindset with an interest in building relationships with customers
Candidates please note: A series of assessments are a required part of the consideration process for all positions in the IT Department.
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Job Family Information Technology Requirements: Shift Days Degree Type / Education Level Bachelor's Status Match Any Facility Match Any Experience Level Under 4 Years
Apply on company website