- Top Secret clearance and four (4) to six (6) years of industrial security experience in a Department of Defense (DoD) or government environment.
- In-depth knowledge of the National Industrial Security Program (NISP), Intelligence Community Directives (ICDs) and DoD 5200 series manuals, their implementation into a Defense Industrial Base Contractor Security Program, and how they pertain to the general safeguarding, control, transmission, disposition, and retention of classified material.
- Experience processing and providing guidance on classified marking, classification management and derivative classification.
- Experience using US Government on-line programs such as the Electronic Questionnaires for Investigations Processing (e-QIP), Defense Information Security System (DISS) and Secure Web Fingerprint Transmission (SWFT); and knowledge of automated security management systems.
- Experience supporting Defense Counterintelligence Security Agency (DCSA) Security Reviews as well as internal self-inspections to ensure compliance with the National Industrial Security Program (NISP).
- Bachelor's Degree in Security Management, Criminal Justice, History/Government, Communications or related area. Equivalent experience will be considered.
- Completion of an FSO Program Management for Possessing Facilities Course and other Defense Counterintelligence Security Agency (DCSA) Center for Development of Security Excellence (CDSE) security training certificates.
- Documented completion of a Contractor Special Security Officer (CSSO) and other IC security training certificates is preferred
The Security Specialist will assist the FSO with creating, coordinating, and implementing security policies and procedures pertaining to the safeguarding of classified information and participate in annual Defense Counterintelligence and Security Agency (DCSA) Security Reviews and other government security inspections.
The position will require the candidate to determine and execute the proper actions on incoming and outgoing classified material including classification/declassification, downgrading, safeguarding, access, disposition, reproduction, accountability, retention and destruction. The position will require the individual to have an understanding of Personnel Security (PERSEC) to include processing security clearances, fingerprinting, security education training and maintaining personnel security records. Physical Security duties will included creating badges, access control, oversight over DCSA approved Closed Areas and Open Storage Areas and Intrusion Detection System (IDS) management. Other duties include processing government credentials (i.e., CACs, SIPR tokens, etc.), conducting initial security briefings for new hires, and interacting with government security reps. Assist the FSO in conducting semi-annual self inspection and preparing for DCSA Security Reviews.
Apply on company website