Basic Function - Protects client property from theft or damage, or persons from hazards or interference. Makes periodic tours to check for irregularities and to inspect property. Preserves order and may enforce client rules or regulations pertaining to violations of local ordinance, State or Federal law. Primarily performs non-exempt duties in a service capacity; may be assigned a service grade or rank in a chain of command in conformance with contract requirements or to facilitate the delivery of service according to business necessity.
- Communicate positively in both verbal and written communication.
- Protect property and persons.
- Ability to actively patrol by foot.
- Prepare written logs or reports as required.
- Ability to professionally observe and report incidents or suspicious activity to appropriate agency/entity.
- Ability to properly and calmly respond to emergencies.
- Ability to carry out specific tasks and duties of a similar nature and scope as required for the assignment.
- Conduct extensive observation of video material.
Qualification Requirements - To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education/Experience Required - High School diploma or GED. Related experience preferred.
Certifications/Credentials - An active Guard Card is required. Related Security Officer licenses preferred.
License Requirement - The individual will only be required to have and maintain a valid state-issued driver's license, with a current address and acceptable driving record, if the individual is expected to be able to drive a company vehicle or drive on company business.
Availability to Work - Special shift requirements, if any, will vary depending on a location's hiring needs. If applicable, availability to work 2nd shift, 3rd shift and/or week-ends may be a requirement.
Language Skills - Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one situations to customers and other employees of the company.
Appearance - Employees will be required to maintain a neat and clean appearance and be in complete uniform at all times.
Physical Demands - The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; and talk. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance.
- Working prolonged or irregular shifts.
- Working rotating day, evening or early morning shifts.
- Having split or varied days off.
- Working assigned overtime and holidays.
- Walking for prolonged periods of time.
- Dealing with people who are hostile, irrational, emotionally distraught or mentally ill.
- Dealing with volatile situations.
- Having to make split-second decisions in emergent, highly stressful situations.
- Working independently, with a partner or as a team member.
SP+ is an equal opportunity employer committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, train, and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability or other classes protected by federal or state law. SP+ does not tolerate harassment of or retaliation against any employee or applicant on the basis of these characteristics, or because the individual exercised his or her EEO rights.
Apply on company website