Basic Function - Maintain a clean appearance at the facility/DOT-regulated shuttle operation by performing all maintenance and cleaning tasks related to the facility and/or shuttle buses.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Move shuttle buses for fueling, cleaning, general maintenance, etc.
- Shovel, plow or blow snow from the entrance or exit ramps and in areas designated by the facility manager using shovels, snow blowers and other light duty equipment.
- Paint any and all areas of the facility as directed by the facility manager/supervisor to ensure that all painted surfaces such as signs, doors, walls, curbs, islands, etc. are properly maintained and look neat and clean.
- Perform all maintenance and cleaning tasks noted in the checklists and as directed by the facility manager/supervisor to ensure that all dirt, dust, litter and debris is removed from all areas of the facility using brooms, mops, brushes and other hand tools.
- Report any unknown, observed or suspected violations of company policy, safety hazards or any unusual occurrence to the facility manager in a timely manner.
- Assist customers within the facility or as directed by the facility manager/supervisor.
- Resolve customer complaints independently or with the aid of a supervisor.
- Be familiar with all aspects of the operation and cover other duties including cashier, etc on an as needed basis.
- Maintain a neat and clean appearance and arrive and remain complete uniform before and during scheduled shifts.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualification Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
License Requirement: Per DOT Regulations, you will be required to have and maintain a valid CDL Class A, B or C Driver's License depending on the location's hiring needs, with Passenger Endorsement if you will be responsible for operating shuttle buses with a passenger capacity of 15 passengers or more.
DOT Medical Card: A Medical Examiner's Certificate (DOT Medical Card) is required.
Availability to Work: Special shift requirements, if any, will vary depending on a location's hiring needs. If applicable, availability to work 2nd shift, 3rd shift and/or week-ends may be required.
Oral Communication: Speaks clearly; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions.
Written Communication: Writes clearly and informatively; Able to read and interpret written information.
Customer Service: Maintains positive attitude. Responds to requests for service and assistance.
Adaptability: Adapts to changes in the work environment; Able to deal with change, delays, or unexpected events.
Judgment: Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
Professionalism: Reacts well under pressure.
Education/Experience: High School Diploma or a combination of experience and education.
Language Ability: Ability to read, write and interpret the English language. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers and to communicate with customers and fellow employees. The employee is frequently required to sit; reach with hands and arms; stand; walk. The employee is also frequently required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, and crouch. In addition, the employee is required to of twist, turn, stretch, and bend on a frequent basis. The employee must be able to lift and move 50 pounds or more regularly. The employee must be able to move in a relatively quick manner. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Peripheral vision and Ability to adjust focus.
SP+ is an equal opportunity employer committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, train, and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability or other classes protected by federal or state law. SP+ does not tolerate harassment of or retaliation against any employee or applicant on the basis of these characteristics, or because the individual exercised his or her EEO rights.
Apply on company website