Registered Practical Nurse - Restorative Care Unit
Building healthy communities through outstanding care, innovative partnerships, and amazing people.
Join our team and together we will forge a new path to meet the changing needs of our growing communities and champion a culture of exemplary care to deliver clinical excellence by creating an environment where the best experiences happen. Through new partnerships, a relentless focus on quality and sustainability, and a dedication to the best patient and provider experience, Southlake will improve the health of our communities and shape the future of healthcare.
The College of Nurses (June 2009), which is described in the core professional standards: professional standards, confidentiality and privacy, decisions about procedures and authority, documentation, ethics, infection prevention and control, medication, restraints and therapeutic nurse-client relationships.
The Registered Nurse work within the Standards of Nursing practice as laid down by the College of Nurses, the Regulated Health Professional Act, July 1996, Regulations, the Nursing Act (Bill 57) and the Guidelines of Ethical Behaviour, policies and practices of the Hospital.
• Registered and in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO)
• BCLS certificate
• Demonstrates knowledge and skill in rehabilitation, gerontology and chronic disease management
• Recent experience working in a medical or surgical nursing unit within the last two years
• Recent experience working with in acute care preferred
• Demonstrates knowledge of skin assessment, wound prevention & treatment
• Competence in starting and maintaining IVs
• Competence in accessing, maintaining and blood sampling from central venous access devices (CVADs)
• Demonstrates excellent patient assessment skills
• Knowledge of the complex and Geriatric medical populations.
• Certificates in Gentle Persuasion Technique, Non-violent Crisis Intervention and Geriatrics preferred.
• Demonstrates excellence in communication, both written and verbal
• Demonstrates ability to function independently and within a team environment
• Effective problem solving skills
• Advance critical thinking and problem solving skills
• Innovative and willing to learn
• Commitment to customer service and teamwork
• Demonstrates individual leadership skills
At Southlake Regional Health Centre, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live and serve, including those with disabilities. Southlake Regional Health Centre is committed to providing accommodations in all parts of the hiring process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
It is the responsibility of all Southlake Regional Health Centre employees to work in a safe manner and promote health and safety in the workplace.
Apply on company website