Registered Nurse (RN) - Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
Building healthy communities through outstanding care, innovative partnerships, and amazing people.
Join our team and together we will make progress on our Strategic Goals:
- Forge a new path to meet the changing needs of our growing communities
- Champion a culture of exemplary care and deliver clinical excellence
- Create an environment where the best experiences happen
- Own our role to improve the system
Through new partnerships, a relentless focus on quality and sustainability, and a dedication to the best patient and provider experience, Southlake will improve the health of our communities and shape the future of healthcare.
Southlake's 12 bed Neonatal Intensive Care Unit functions as a level 2C. Babies requiring a higher level of care are transferred to a tertiary center such as the hospital for Sick Children. Although most of our babies in our NICU are born at Southlake, we accept transfers from other hospitals.
• RN Certificate of Registration from the College of Nurses Ontario required
• Recent NICU working experience (within the last 5 years) required
• Neonatal Resuscitation Certificate required
• Initiation of IV's for children under two years required
• Experience with care of ventilated neonate, CPAP, care of UAC and UVC lines, TPN required
• Experience with venipuncture of neonates required
• Education in breast feeding preferred
• S.T.A.B.L.E. course preferred
• Demonstrated excellence in communication, both written and verbal
• Demonstrated problem assessment skills
• Demonstrated commitment to customer service and teamwork
• Demonstrated individual leadership skills
At Southlake Regional Health Centre, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live and serve, including those with disabilities. Southlake Regional Health Centre is committed to providing accommodations in all parts of the hiring process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
It is the responsibility of all Southlake Regional Health Centre employees to work in a safe manner and promote health and safety in the workplace.
Apply on company website