Maintenance Engineer - Full Time, Evening/Mid (Hollywood)
We are hospitals and affiliated medical groups, working closely together for the benefit of every person who comes to us for care. We build comprehensive networks of quality healthcare services that are designed to offer our patients highly coordinated, personalized care and help them live healthier lives. Through collaboration, we strive to provide all of our patients and medical group members with the quality, affordable healthcare they need and deserve.
The Maintenance Engineer performs duties necessary to keep the physical structure and associated equipment of hospital in good repair, including boilers, HVAC, electrical work, mechanical repairs, woodwork and painting. Performs preventative maintenance to ensure upkeep of physical plant/equipment of hospital.
- Troubleshoots and diagnoses electrical and mechanical device malfunctions (pumps, boilers, engines, motors, conveyor systems, laboratory equipment, etc.). Repairs or replaces defective parts, lubricates and equipment.
- Repairs and maintains machinery and mechanical equipment in accordance with diagrams, sketches, operation manuals and manufactures specifications, with hand and power tools and precision measuring and testing instruments.
- Performs corrective and preventive maintenance on HVAC and refrigeration equipment. Replaces or repairs damaged or worn heating ventilation and air conditioning parts and equipment. Inspects and services, including urgent corrective routine and requisitioned repair, HVAC equipment. Assists in maintaining and repairing HVAC controls and associated equipment
- Constructs, repairs and maintains wooden structures such as furniture, equipment, partitions and other parts of the hospital buildings, using hand and power tools according to oral and written instructions. Applies paint, varnish, stains, enamels or lacquer to decorate and protect interior and exteriors surfaces, trimmings and fixtures of the hospital.
- Performs preventive maintenance on all types of equipment per facility schedule. Calibrates thermostatic controls and pressure differential gauges. Maintains awareness and upkeep of the physical plant of the hospital.
- Fires boilers and controls generation of a continuous supply of steam for heating hospital buildings and to power machinery and auxiliary equipment. Inspects and observes pressures of liquid and vapor with instrumentation to ensure efficient operation.
- Takes conscious ownership for work and takes a proactive, deliberate, and thoughtful approach regarding work activities. Demonstrates appropriate use of independent judgement and decision making. Demonstrates excellent customer service at all times. Maintains confidentiality in accordance with hospital/corporate policies and HIPAA privacy regulations. Complies with all hospital fire and safety rules.
Minimum Education: High School Diploma or Equivalent required.
Minimum Experience: One (1) year previous experience as a maintenance engineer in plant operations required. Must be able to read, write and communicate effectively in English. Ability to use sound reasoning and judgment to resolve issues. Ability to maintain a work pace appropriate to the workload. Must demonstrate customer service skills appropriate to the job. Bilingual skills preferred. Previous hospital plant operations experience preferred.
Req. Certification/Licensure: Hospital Fire and Life Safety Card (Los Angeles City Employees only) required. HVAC Certification and Boiler Operator License preferred.
Employee Value Proposition
Prospect Medical Holdings, Inc., is guided by a diverse and highly experienced leadership core. This group maintains the vision that has made Prospect a needed difference-maker in the lives of so many patients today, and many executives contribute to our continued efforts. As a member of our highly effective team of professionals you will receive:
- Company 401K
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- Paid time-off
- Life insurance
How to Apply
To apply for this role, or search our other openings, please visit http://pmh.com/careers/ and click on a location to begin your journey to a new career with us!
We are an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources.
EEOC is the Law: https://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm
Keywords: Engineer, Engineering, Plant Maintenance, Support Services, HVAC, Heating, Air Conditioning, Refrigeration, Ventilation
Apply on company website