Infection Control/Employee Health Coordinator
We are hospitals and affiliated medical groups, working closely together for the benefit of every person who comes to us for care. We build comprehensive networks of quality healthcare services that are designed to offer our patients highly coordinated, personalized care and help them live healthier lives. Through collaboration, we strive to provide all of our patients and medical group members with the quality, affordable healthcare they need and deserve.
The Infection Control/Employee Health Coordinator is a key employee in the planning, development, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and revision of Infection Prevention and Control Program goals, standards, policies and procedures. Reports communicable diseases and supporting laboratory data to the local, state and national health departments as required. Interacts with Employee Health to institute and maintain control measures pertaining to health care work exposures and outbreaks. Provides in-service education (departmental, general orientation, annual review and as needed). Functions as a resource for staff in matters relating to occupational health and safety.
- Provides direction to the Employee Health Program and coordinates the daily activities of the Employee Health Department by tracking and notifying employees due for vaccinations (I.E. Flu) and other employee health requirements (TB Testing, N95 Respirator Testing, etc). Tracks and maintains all vaccinations given through the Employee Health Department, audits and maintains Employee Health files, and tracks aggregating data for various reports.
- Performs surveillance of infection trends, reviews lab results, electronic medical records, etc. for healthcare associated infection. Participates in epidemiological investigations of significant clusters of infection above established standards and of unusual isolates.
- Helps individuals and groups take steps to improve or maintain their health with emphasis on health maintenance and disease prevention through education and counseling. Works closely with Infection Control to monitor employee illnesses and exposures.
- Participates in the development of and oversees Employee Health safety initiatives. Updates policies and procedures in accordance with standards from appropriate agencies such as OSHA, CDC, TJC and other relevant agencies. Develops, interprets and enforces standards in accordance with the Nurse Practice Act, Title XXII and TJC.
- Participates in the development and review of Infection Prevention and Control Standards of Care and Hospital Infection Prevention and Control policies and procedures in accordance with standards from appropriate agencies such as OSHA, CDC, TJC and other relevant agencies.
- Assists with Infection Control and Employee Health reports, education, environmental rounds, and other activities associated with infection prevention. Maintains all required record keeping.
- Functions as a resource for staff in matters relating to occupational health and safety with emphasis on recommendations, regulations, and standards from appropriate agencies such as OSHA, CDC, TJC, and other relevant agencies. Acts as a liaison to Federal, State and local health authorities.
- Maintains current knowledge base of NHSN requirements including data collection, analysis and input.
Minimum Education: Licensure as a Registered Nurse OR Vocational Nurse in the State of California OR Bachelor of Science in related field required.
Minimum Experience: Ability to read, write and communicate effectively in English. Ability to work variable shifts including evenings, nights, weekends, and holidays. Ability to maintain flexibility and composure in a constantly changing environment. Bilingual skills to communicate effectively with employees preferred. One (1) year of previous experience in a related setting preferred.
Req. Certification/Licensure: Licensure as a Registered Nurse OR Vocational Nurse in the State of California OR Bachelor of Science in related field required. Hospital Fire and Life Safety Card (Los Angeles City Employees only) required. AHA Basic Life Support required. AHA Advanced Cardiac Life Support preferred. IV Certification preferred.
Employee Value Proposition
Prospect Medical Holdings, Inc., is guided by a diverse and highly experienced leadership core. This group maintains the vision that has made Prospect a needed difference-maker in the lives of so many patients today, and many executives contribute to our continued efforts. As a member of our highly effective team of professionals you will receive:
- Company 401K
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- Paid time-off
- Life insurance
How to Apply
To apply for this role, or search our other openings, please visit http://pmh.com/careers/ and click on a location to begin your journey to a new career with us!
We are an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources.
EEOC is the Law: https://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm
Keywords: Infection Control And Prevention Coordinator, Public Health, Disease Control, CDC.Acute Care Hospital,
Apply on company website