Current Employees Click HERE
Current employees can apply directly through the Internal Careers Center online for Prospect Medical job openings in California. For a streamlined application process, all you need is your four-digit employee ID number and a digital copy of your résumé handy before you apply.
Note: Internal applicants not eligible for any Sign On Bonus.CT Technologist - Per Diem, Variable (Hollywood)
We are hospitals and affiliated medical groups, working closely together for the benefit of every person who comes to us for care. We build comprehensive networks of quality healthcare services that are designed to offer our patients highly coordinated, personalized care and help them live healthier lives. Through collaboration, we strive to provide all of our patients and medical group members with the quality, affordable healthcare they need and deserve.
The CT Tech performs the full range of basic diagnostic radiologic procedures and performs the advanced level diagnostic procedures in Computed Tomography (CT).Job Responsibilities/Duties
- Performs a variety of CT/diagnostic radiologic procedures ensuring optimal imaging. Ensures identity of patient using appropriate patient identifiers per hospital policy, and ensures the correct procedure for diagnostic testing, exactly as outlined in the physician order and per all regulatory requirements and hospital policies/procedures. Assists with the care of the patient within scope of licensure.
- Effectively determines patient needs based on age-specific criteria. Positions patients as necessary to ensure accurate testing in consideration of patient age. Coordinates patient requirements during diagnostic procedures and/or transportation to ensure patient safety. Maintains a sterile environment during invasive procedures and utilizes effective PPE for each patient as necessary. Applies radiation safety practices such as the ALARA (As Low As Reasonably Achievable) model sparing exposure whenever possible and providing adequate shielding. Ensures Infection Control procedures and HIPPA compliance.
- Empathizes with patient and patient support systems, expresses compassion and understanding for the situation and demonstrates care which is appropriate for the age, and cultural, religious, gender identity, or ethnic background. Engages in caring behaviors, taking conscious ownership for work and takes deliberate/thoughtful actions regarding how to best carry out interactions with the patient, families, physicians, and co-workers.
- Assumes responsibility for ancillary tasks/duties associated with the delivery of procedural care such as but not limited to documentation of charges, ordering of supplies, conducting environmental safety rounds, and maintaining department records associated with patient care activities.
- Monitors patients, diagnostic procedures, and diagnostic equipment making appropriate adjustments to ensure optimal results. Reports malfunctions to leadership in a timely manner. Performs procedural due diligence to ensure images are processed and archived, and systems are updated, with accurate information as it relates to the patient's medical record and billing.
Minimum Education: None.
Minimum Experience: One (1) year recent experience in an acute care facility required. Ability to read, write and communicate effectively in English. Ability to maintain a work pace appropriate to the workload. Must demonstrate customer service skills appropriate to the job. Bilingual skills to communicate effectively with patients and families preferred.
Req. Certification/Licensure: Current Licensure as Radiologic Technologist in the State of California required. Fluoroscopy license/certification required. AHA Basic Life Support required. Hospital Fire and Life Safety Card (Los Angeles City Employees only) required. ARRT advanced certification preferred. Venipuncture certification preferred.Employee Value Proposition
Prospect Medical Holdings, Inc., is guided by a diverse and highly experienced leadership core. This group maintains the vision that has made Prospect a needed difference-maker in the lives of so many patients today, and many executives contribute to our continued efforts. As a member of our highly effective team of professionals you will receive:
- Company 401K
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- Paid time-off
- Life insurance
To apply for this role, or search our other openings, please visit http://pmh.com/careers/ and click on a location to begin your journey to a new career with us!
We are an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources.
EEOC is the Law: https://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm
Keywords: Computed Tomography, CT, Tech, Technician, Technologist, Allied Health, CT ScanPosition Summary
Employment Status: Per Diem
Work Schedule: Variable
Address: Hollywood - 6245 De Longpre Avenue
Apply on company website