Current Employees Click HERE
Current employees can apply directly through the Internal Careers Center online for Prospect Medical job openings in California. For a streamlined application process, all you need is your four-digit employee ID number and a digital copy of your résumé handy before you apply.
Director of Clinical Education
We are hospitals and affiliated medical groups, working closely together for the benefit of every person who comes to us for care. We build comprehensive networks of quality healthcare services that are designed to offer our patients highly coordinated, personalized care and help them live healthier lives. Through collaboration, we strive to provide all of our patients and medical group members with the quality, affordable healthcare they need and deserve.
Reporting directly to the Chief Nursing Officer, and in collaboration with hospital nursing leadership, the Director of Clinical Education will be responsible for assessing, planning, implementing, evaluating, and leading activities within Patient Care Services related to nursing professional development, education, nursing practice, care delivery systems, evidenced-based practice, and nursing outcomes improvement. The Director will take a leadership role in overseeing the nursing professional development and education programs, supporting the application of evidence-based practice, and defining innovative strategies to build a culture of clinical excellence and reliable care. The role requires the synthesis of expert knowledge in the areas of adult education and professional development principles, evidence-based practice, and clinical practice standards in the practice setting.Job Responsibilities/Duties
- Performs/Accountable for regional assessment, coordination, development and provision of clinical education including specialty training programs for RN's (i.e. Nurse Residency, Preceptor Development, Practice Transition Program etc.). Plans and implements and assists other department members in implementing staff development and continuing education activities using adult learning principles to meet identified learning needs and evaluating program success. Utilizes systems thinking to design and implement corporate and regional strategies.
- Establishes and implements strategies and programs to inspire, promote, and advance the professional development of clinical staff. Mentors staff, in collaboration with Clinical Nurse Educators. Implements and/or oversees professional development strategies intended to enhance the delivery of clinical nursing care and the professional growth of staff. Operationalizes corporate and regional strategies to promote nursing professional development and collaborates with regional nursing and human resource leaders to develop a program for career enhancement and mobility.
- Ensures the integration of innovative strategies that build a culture of clinical excellence and reliable care. Employs strategies to improve clinical outcomes performance and promote high reliability and ensures performance indicators are outcomes focused, evidence-based and drive improvements in nursing practice. Assesses need and evaluates current and future professional nursing practices within region. Investigates care delivery models for appropriateness, efficiency, and opportunity.
- Facilitates processes for RN workforce development to include community, intermediate school, high school, technical school outreach programs. Fosters relationships with nursing schools and unlicensed training programs. Promotes and facilitates formal ongoing education of RNs including on site RN, BSN and MSN programs and scholarship processes. Develops work force analysis plan and implements strategies to ensure an adequate and qualifies workforce. Collaborates with the Regional CNO and hospital CNOs to determine current and future supply and demand for nurses to meet the care delivery needs. Collaborates with the Regional CNO and hospital CNOs in the development of a nursing leadership succession plan. Establishes processes that provide early identification and mentoring of staff with leadership potential. Partners with hospital CNOs to create and sustain RN recognition programs.
- Facilitates the submission of grant requests, which support research, professional development, and/or practice enhancement. Plans, develops, and implements creative strategies for providing educational programs while achieving established financial parameters.
- Develops collegial relationships with peers, medical staff, direct reports, and customers. Demonstrates the value of teamwork and collaboration by building strong relationships. Employs effective engagement strategies and teambuilding skills. Promotes shared decision‐making and fosters staff empowerment. Ensures consistent communication and information is available regarding educational opportunities and professional development
Minimum Education: Master's Degree in Nursing or related field required.
Minimum Experience: Five (5) years previous teaching/training/client consultation/management experience in an educational/health care institution required. Knowledge of learning theory, curriculum design, program evaluation, patient care consultation. Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Ability to promote shared decision-making and foster staff empowerment. Strong time management skills and ability to effectively prioritize task. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships across the organization. Previous experience as a Director of Education or Nursing Practice preferred.
Req. Certification/Licensure: Current, active, and unencumbered licensure as a Registered Nurse required. Nurse Manager Leader of Nurse Executive Certification (CNML or NE-BC) preferred.Employee Value Proposition
Prospect Medical Holdings, Inc., is guided by a diverse and highly experienced leadership core. This group maintains the vision that has made Prospect a needed difference-maker in the lives of so many patients today, and many executives contribute to our continued efforts. As a member of our highly effective team of professionals you will receive:
- Company 401K
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- Paid time-off
- Life insurance
To apply for this role, or search our other openings, please visit http://pmh.com/careers/ and click on a location to begin your journey to a new career with us!
We are an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources.
EEOC is the Law: https://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm
Keywords: Clinical Director, RN Director, Nursing Admin, Administration, Registered Nurse
Apply on company website