Family Medicine Physician
At Southcentral Foundation, our physicians enjoy a unique work setting that is based on one of our corporate goals: shared responsibility.
Family medicine physicians work within an integrated care team, which is primary care team staffed with a full-time RN case manager, a certified medical assistant, and case management support. Additionally, each integrated care team has access to other in clinic specialties that includea dietician, certified nurse midwife, pediatric nurse practitioner liaison, pharmacist, lactation consultant, community resource specialist, behavioral health consultant, psychiatrist, PM&R pain consultant, and a home visit team.
Unlike many family-medicine positions, our physicians are not compensated based on volume of patients seen. As a result of Southcentral Foundation focus on creating an environment of wellness for our customers, we are focused on quality of care, not quantity of care. This means that our physicians and teams have the opportunity to spend more time with patients to address any possible underlying causes of symptoms.
- No call
- Scheduled Monday through Friday; weekly evening shift that extends the day to 630; and occasional Saturday shifts are rotated with an alternative day off during that week.
- Physician assistants, nurse practitioners, and nurses provide coverage and partner to coordinate customers
- Team includes a dedicated admin support to assist with scheduling
- Patient panels averages approximately 1,200
- Primary care teams have a dedicated RN case manager, certified medical assistant, and case management support
- Providers are not responsible for the coding/billing for the appointment
- Compensation not based on relative value units or volume of customers seen
Access to Care
Southcentral Foundation is a part of the Alaska Native Medical Campus, which we co-manage with the Alaska Native Tribal Health Consortium. Together, we make up the Alaska Native Medical Center and encompass primary care, a hospital, emergent care, behavioral services, complementary medicine, health education, and more. This proximity to services, such as the Ear Nose and Throat Clinic, Traditional Healing and Physical Therapy creates an excellent environment for access to care. Additionally, there are no co-pays for Alaska Native or American Indian customer-owners which help eliminate barriers in decision making created due to cost.
Additional services available to our physicians include:
- Electronic health records
- Comprehensive formulary with on-site pharmacy
- Multi-disciplinary team of specialists (nutritionists, OB/GYNs, pediatricians, internists, pharmacists, psychiatrists, behaviorists, and more)
- Sign-on bonus
- Insurance coverage
- Relocation allowance
- Malpractice coverage
- Licensing fees coverage
- Employer-matched 401(k)
- Generous leave program
- Retention bonus program
- CME stipend with additional leave hours
- One hour per week of paid wellness leave
- 3 hours/wk of dedicated administrative time
- SCF is an eligible site location for federal loan re-payment
- No inpatient rotation required
- Limited OB time optional
NUKA Model of Care
Apply on company website