- Plans, Coordinates, Develops, Supervises and Administers a Facility Construction, Renovation, Maintenance repair program for electrical.
- A Program for Electrical Components to include: Commercial Washers/Dryers, Buffers, Perimeter Lights Located at all SCDC Institutions, and all phases of electrical repair to equipment and Electrical Systems.
- Supervises approved Maintenance and General Renovation projects for the agency.
- Remains abreast of new techniques, procedures and equipment in his/her area.
- Recommends Procurement and assist in Installation of new equipment
- Prepares administrative and Operations Reports relating to all maintenance and repair for the agency.
Questions regarding the application process, this job posting or any other postings with the SCDC should be directed to: Recruiting and Employment Services
Minimum and Additional Requirements State of South Carolina Minimum Requirements:
A high school diploma and professional experience directly related to the area of employment. (Or an acceptable equivalency as approved by the division of the State Human Resources)
SCDC Minimum Requirements:
- A Bachelor's Degree
- Five (5) Years extensive working knowledge of the working knowledge of the principles and techniques of electrical systems including high and low voltage distribution systems,
- Two (2) Years in A Supervisory Capacity.
- Associate Degree
- Seven (7) years extensive working knowledge of the principles and techniques of electrical systems including high and low voltage Distribution Systems
- Two (2) years in Supervisory Capacity;
- A High School Diploma
- Nine (9) years extensive working knowledge of the principles and techniques of electrical systems including high and low voltage distribution systems
- Two (2) years in a supervisory capacity.
Must successfully complete SCDC Basic Training upon hire. Additional Comments
"The South Carolina Department of Corrections is committed to providing equal opportunities to all applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, region, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age (40 and older), disability or genetic information.
Supplemental questions are considered part of your official application. Any misrepresentation will result in your disqualification from employment. Please complete the state application to include all current and previous work history and education. A resume will not be accepted nor reviewed to be determined if an applicant has met the qualifications for the position."
Apply on company website