Job Responsibilities Base Pay with Institution Incentives
Level I Institutions
Livesay CI, Manning CI
$34,377 Level II Institutions Allendale CI, Camille Graham CI, Evans CI, Kershaw CI, Leath CI, MacDougall CI,
Ridgeland CI, Trenton CI, Turbeville CI, Tyger River CI, Wateree River CI $34,994
Level III Institutions
Broad River CI, Kirkland CI, Lee CI, Lieber CI, McCormick CI, Perry CI
Responsible to the Registered Nurse for nursing care provided in a designated correctional clinic or specialized area in compliance with medical plans, policies, and orders for patient care and treatment. Duties include:
- Conduct health screenings during sick call using approved standing orders or making appropriate MD referrals.
- Administer and document medication as ordered by the physician in the correctional setting.
- Document all health care rendered on the medical records.
- Assist Physician as needed.
- Transcribe all MD orders from medical records.
- Transfer medical records with appropriate documentation and medication at time of inmate transfer.
- Perform clinical treatments & procedures using universal precautions.
- Maintain 40 hours of in-service education per year to include all mandatory in-services and CPR certification.
- Provide emergency treatment to inmates and employees.
- Participate in employee health issues as directed, i.e. TB screening, Hepatitis B injections, flu injections, and post exposure assessment.
- Collaborate with other correctional professionals to assure social, psychological, and security needs of the inmate are met.
- Assist in planning and coordination of nursing services required to meet the total health care needs of the patients in a 24 hour/7-day week medical clinic.
- Collect and process lab specimens for transport to laboratory.
- Participates in inmate health education.
Part Time Available:
$22.00/Hourly (28 hours weekly)
$3.00 an hour on weekends
$1.25 an hour on nights
Limited Time Sign On Bonus!
For a limited time SCDC is offering LPN's a sign on bonus of $7,500, payable over 2 years.
Questions regarding the application process, this job posting or any other postings with the SCDC should be directed to:
Recruiting and Employment Services
(803) 896-8532 Employment@doc.sc.gov
Minimum and Additional Requirements
State of South Carolina minimum requirements:
Graduation from an accredited school of practical nursing. (Or an acceptable equivalency as approved by the Division of State Human Resources).
SCDC Minimum Requirements:
Must be licensed by the South Carolina Board of Nursing or qualifying compact state.
Supplemental questions are considered part of your official application. Any misrepresentation will result in your disqualification from employment. Please complete the state application to include all current and previous work history and education. A resume will not be accepted nor reviewed to be determined if an applicant has met the qualifications for the position.
Apply on company website