- Under general supervision, plans, coordinates and directs the actions of the security staff and oversees security, custody and control of inmates in a medium/maximum security facility.
- Assumes primary responsibility for security of all buildings and public property.
- Makes routine checks of the unit(s) to ensure subordinate staff are performing their duties properly and safely, and that cleanliness and OSHA standards are maintained.
- Assists with all inmate counts for accuracy.
- Investigates complaints and violations; arbitrates disputes among inmate population and correctional staff.
Questions regarding the application process, this job posting or any other postings with the SCDC should be directed to: Recruiting and Employment Services
Employment@doc.sc.gov Minimum and Additional Requirements
State of South Carolina Minimum Requirements:
A High School diploma and supervisory experience in Correctional, Security or Police work.
A Bachelor's degree in Human Services or Criminal Justice Field may substitute for the required supervisory experience.
(Or an acceptable equivalency as approved by the Division of State Human Resources).
SCDC Minimum Requirements:
- Three (3) years experience in Correctional Security or Police work.
- One (1) year of Correctional Supervisory experience.
Filling one position from this announcement.
The South Carolina Department of Corrections is committed to providing equal opportunities to all applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information.
Supplemental questions are considered part of your official application. Any misrepresentation will result in your disqualification from employment. Please complete the state application to include all current and previous work history and education. A resume will not be accepted nor reviewed to be determined if an applicant has met the qualifications for the position.
Apply on company website