Interested applicants should complete form 16-81. Please fax to Melissa Nichols at (803) 896-1671. When applying, be sure to apply by using SCDC Position #013054.
- Supervision of inmates assigned to MacDougall Farm, inmates will be working in the chicken houses; on egg processing line; providing maintenance in the chicken houses, processing plant, and on equipment; in the fields planting and harvesting the forage crops & vegetables.
- Responsible for picking up/dropping off inmates at MacDougall CI.
- Issue inmate workers uniforms, gloves, lockers, and tools.
- Responsible for tool accountability in the Tool Room.
- Direct contact with Classification staff at MacDougall CI to hire/terminate workers.
- Other duties as deemed necessary by Farm Manager.
Recruiting and Employment Services
Employment@doc.sc.gov Minimum and Additional Requirements
SCDC Minimum Requirements:
- 12 (Twelve) months or more work experience in correctional security or police work.
- Incumbent must satisfactorily complete all academics and on the job training by the S.C. Department of Corrections as specified.
- Must have completed Defensive Driving Training and cannot be on the “No Drive List and or the No Draw List” with SCDC.
The South Carolina Department of Corrections is committed to providing equal opportunities to all applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information.
Supplemental questions are considered part of your official application. Any misrepresentation will result in your disqualification from employment. Please complete the state application to include all current and previous work history and education. A resume will not be accepted nor reviewed to be determined if an applicant has met the qualifications for the position.
Apply on company website