- Organizes, plans and supervises the purchase, storage, preparation and serving of food and the maintenance of food service equipment and facilities.
- Establishes standards for production, quality, sanitation and maintenance; makes frequent inspections to ensure that standards are maintained; inspects dry stores and refrigerated food to ensure optimum storage conditions.
- Determines requirements for personnel, equipment, supplies and food; assists with budget preparation for food service unit; requisitions, purchases or approves purchase of equipment, supplies and food.
- Establishes work schedules and training programs; supervises, instructs and counsels employees.
- Teaches and demonstrates correct techniques of food preparation for maximum palatability and appearance and minimum waste.
- Prepares or reviews the preparation of food service records and reports.
- In a Bakery/Kitchen setting:
- Supervises the mixing of ingredients for and the baking of bread, rolls, pastries, cakes and cookies.
- Instructs subordinate personnel in proper methods of preparing dough either by hand or by machine mixing.
- Supervises the preparation of fillings, puddings, sauces and icings; fills and finishes baked products.
- Supervises the cleaning of baking equipment and utensils.
- Supervises the requisition, distribution and storage of bread and pastry bakery supplies.
Questions regarding the application process, this job posting or any other postings with the SCDC should be directed to: Recruiting and Employment Services
Minimum and Additional Requirements
A high school diploma and supervisory experience in quantity and quality cooking or baking.
This position is recruited through NEOGOV; Please apply online at this website.
Candidates are encouraged to attach a copy of their high school diploma or GED with their application.
A Diploma or GED must be submitted prior to an applicant being hired.
The South Carolina Department of Corrections is committed to providing equal opportunities to all applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information.
Supplemental questions are considered part of your official application. Any misrepresentation will result in your disqualification from employment. Please complete the state application to include all current and previous work history and education. A resume will not be accepted nor reviewed to be determined if an applicant has met the qualifications for the position.
Apply on company website