Job Responsibilities Open Until Fillled
- Organizes, develops, implements and monitors pastoral care service programs for the inmates.
- Services provided will include weekly worship sacraments, crisis counseling, individual and group pastoral counseling, visitation, religious education and other related religious activities.
- The position requires working with religious volunteers from various denominational and faith groups.
- Works closely with institutional operations, programs and administrative staff.
021209 Allendale Correctional Instituiton, Allendale Lv 2
021508 Perry Correctional Institution, Greenville Lv 3
021211 Turbeville Correctional Institution, Claredon Lv 2
021207 Kershaw Correctiona Institution, Lancaster Lv 2
021212 Lieber Correctional Institution, Dorechester Lv 3
Must successfully complete SCDC Basic Training upon hire. Questions regarding the application process, this job posting or any other postings with the SCDC should be directed to: Recruiting and Employment Services
Employment@doc.sc.go Minimum and Additional Requirements
State of South Carolina Minimum Requirements:
The equivalent of a Master of Divinity degree from an accredited theological school, additional clinical pastoral education and/or work experience in a clinical pastoral setting.
(Or an acceptable equivalency as approved by the Division of State Human Resources).
SCDC Minimum Requirements:
- The equivalent of a Master of Divinity degree from an accredited theological seminary and ordination as a Priest, Minister, or Rabbi with current ecclesiastical endorsement.
- Two (2) Units of Clinical Pastoral Education approved by the Association of Clinical Pastoral Education, The American Association of Pastoral Counselors, and the National Association of Catholic Chaplains or the National Jewish Welfare Board or three (3) years of correctional ministry experience can be equated for one Unit of Clinical Pastoral Education;
- One (1) year of pastoral experience.
Filling four (4) positions from this posting.
The South Carolina Department of Corrections is committed to providing equal opportunities to all applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information.
Supplemental questions are considered part of your official application. Any misrepresentation will result in your disqualification from employment. Please complete the state application to include all current and previous work history and education. A resume will not be accepted nor reviewed to be determined if an applicant has met the qualifications for the position.
Apply on company website