Somerford Place of Encinitas is a beautiful community in Encinitas, CA, with more than 50 units offering Alzheimer's care.Key Responsibilities
We are looking for a qualified Bridge to Rediscovery Staff member to join our team!
Bridge to Rediscovery Staff team members will aid our residents in need of memory care. Responsibilities include:
- Able to perform missing person drill and Bridge to Rediscovery evacuation procedures.
- Able to identify location of the Bridge to Rediscovery policies and procedures and use of.
- Performs Bridge to Rediscovery Neighborhood scheduling for programs care/environment reviewed and demonstrated.
- Able to identify (and articulate) the Bridge to Rediscovery philosophy and mission statement reviewed.
- Utilizes instructions provided for the Bridge to Rediscovery Montessori Based Dementia Programming concepts.
- Utilizes instruction provided to integrate the social, physical, intellectual, emotional aspects of the Montessori Based Dementia Programming into the residents daily service/care plan.
- Able to develop resident specific Montessori Based Dementia Program using comprehensive life review/development of ISP.
- Able to identify the location of the resident service/care plans. Able to discuss plan and rationale with family and new employees
- Able to follow instructions provided for conducting a Montessori Based Dementia Programs (group/individual).
- Review/demonstration of Bridge to Rediscovery dining program concepts, expectations and requirements.
- Able to provide return demonstrations in developing a resident specific program box.
- Able to identify and utilize the 5 categories of Montessori Based Dementia Programs.
- Able to identify environmental safety requirements for Bridge to Rediscovery neighborhood reviewed.
DaytimeAbout Five Star
Five Star Senior Living Inc., a national healthcare and senior living provider headquartered in Newton, Massachusetts, proudly offers the highest quality service and care with the warmth and hospitality of home. Founded in 2000, Five Star has two major operating division: Five Star Senior Living and AGEILITY Physical Therapy Solutions.
The Five Star Senior Living division includes more than 280 Independent Living, Assisted Living, Alzheimer's/Memory Care, Healthcare Centers with Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation and Continuing Care Retirement Communities. With communities in over 30 states and more than 25,000 team members, Five Star is committed to maximizing our residents' independence and enhancing their lifestyles.
The Ageility division provides both inpatient and outpatient services to over 150 communities. These services are provided both within Five Star and to customers externally. We offer Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapy Services. Our specialty programs includes our Step up to Stop falls Program, "Connections" our memory care therapy program, and our executive functioning program that focuses on cognitive strategies aimed at keeping our residents independent in areas such as medication management and house hold functions.
Five Star prohibits discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment with regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or veteran status. In addition to federal requirements, Five Star complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has communities and/or facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Apply on company website