Somerford Place Annapolis is a beautiful community in Annapolis, MD, with more than 60 units offering Alzheimer's care.Key Responsibilities
At this time, we are seeking a LPN to join our team!
- Develops and implements policies and procedures for IL resident services based on residents' social, psychological and physical needs and desires.
- Coordinates resident activities of daily living; advocate resident independence throughout all programming.
- Assists with resident move-in and move-outs and with resident discharge planning as needed.
- Evaluates IL residents' needs for supervision and adjustment to apartment living.
- Manages resident complaints and communicate same to department managers.
- Conducts community tours and events in cooperation with marketing office.
- Manages annual IL resident satisfaction surveys including development of participation strategy, action plan resulting from outcome, and communication of results to IL resident association.
- Assist residents who are in transition i.e., move-ins, return from hospital or skilled nursing facilities after illness, or any other significant life event.
- Maintain and protect the confidentiality of resident information at all times.
- Effectively manage residents and families concerns/grievances.
- Monitors and reviews resident incidents to identify possible legal issues and to identify patters that might require preventive intervention.
- Develops and maintains a good working relationship and cooperative attitude with intradepartmental personnel, as well as, other departments within the community.
- Licensed L.P.N., preferably with experience in long-term care of geriatric nursing. Current state license to practice as a nurse.Current CPR certification and additional certification in nursing specialty desired. .
- Must have patience, tact, cheerful disposition and enthusiasm.
- Must be able to bed, stoop, lift, stir, walk and stand for extended periods throughout the work day. The employee is occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Must have Maryland LPN license in good standing and experience working with seniors is a plus.
OvernightAbout Five Star
Five Star Senior Living Inc., a national healthcare and senior living provider headquartered in Newton, Massachusetts, proudly offers the highest quality service and care with the warmth and hospitality of home. Founded in 2000, Five Star has two major operating division: Five Star Senior Living and AGEILITY Physical Therapy Solutions.
The Five Star Senior Living division includes more than 280 Independent Living, Assisted Living, Alzheimer's/Memory Care, Healthcare Centers with Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation and Continuing Care Retirement Communities. With communities in over 30 states and more than 25,000 team members, Five Star is committed to maximizing our residents' independence and enhancing their lifestyles.
The Ageility division provides both inpatient and outpatient services to over 150 communities. These services are provided both within Five Star and to customers externally. We offer Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapy Services. Our specialty programs includes our Step up to Stop falls Program, "Connections" our memory care therapy program, and our executive functioning program that focuses on cognitive strategies aimed at keeping our residents independent in areas such as medication management and house hold functions.
Five Star prohibits discrimination against any applicant or employee with regard to or on the basis of race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, ancestry, sex, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), gender, gender identity and expression (including transgender), sexual orientation, mental or physical disability, military status, certain criminal records, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), HIV testing, a personal admission to a facility for the care and treatment of a mentally ill person and taking of parental leave or membership in any other category protected by applicable law. In addition to federal requirements, Five Star complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has communities and/or facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
In addition, Five Star expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, ancestry, sex, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), gender, gender identity and expression (including transgender), sexual orientation, mental or physical disability, military status, certain criminal records, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), HIV testing, a personal admission to a facility for the care and treatment of a mentally ill person and taking of parental leave or membership in any other category protected by applicable law. We will not tolerate harassment of employees in the workplace, or in other settings in which employees may find themselves in connection with their employment. Improper interference with the ability of Five Star's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination harassment or retaliation, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any federal, state, or local law is prohibited and will not be tolerated.
Apply on company website