Range Inspector II
SIG SAUER® world renowned firearms are the weapons of choice for many of the premier global military, law enforcement and commercial users. In our world-class facilities, we build the toughest, most precise rifles, pistols, suppressors, optics, ammunition, and air guns, while offering the finest firearms training — all as a fully integrated system. We do this because we share the same drive to be the best, the same love of freedom, the same unwillingness to compromise — as those who choose SIG.
The tremendous growth of SIG SAUER has fueled outstanding opportunities for experienced professionals to join our team.
Responsible for all aspects of Quality Assembly. Ability to live fire function test a variety of weapons built at SIG. Test these firearms for accuracy requirements at ranges from 10 meters to 100 meters. Be able to perform all levels of inspection and Auditing including but not limited to Commercial, World and LE. Must be able to communicate clearly and affectively with all levels of staff and be proficient with MRB process/Coding system.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
* Efficient/effective performance of routine firearm inspections including sub-assemblies and complete builds, both in assembly and packing using limited attribute gaging and visual aids for compliance. Follow along with the build process verifying that the work instruction is being followed and is correct as well as verifying all parts being used are correct to the job router/Bill of Materials.
* Performs limited repairs and can affectively disassemble and reassemble SIG Firearms.
* Work to WI's, Visual Aids and Oracle Job System to verify compliance of parts used
* Using the company operating system to perform movement of material and any other function required to perform job duties.
* Implementation of expedient methods of inspection in order to maintain product flow in accordance with company directives.
* Communicate effectively to supervision regarding problems and corrective action.
* Seek and act upon ways to improve daily work processes to enhance quality and productivity, and satisfy customer needs and expectations; initiate and encourage others to resolve impediments and act on improvement opportunities.
* Participate in 5S Workplace organizational activities and maintain the area in good working order through sustainment activities.
Education and/or Experience:
* This position requires a minimum of 2 years training at process coordinator or equivalent experience
* Range certification
* Basic MS Word and Excel skills.
* Entry level armorer understanding of company product to facilitate use of judgement in determining product acceptability in subjective situations.
* Able to lift up to 25 pounds
* Must wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) which is required in designated areas.
SIG SAUER, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
Apply on company website