Packing Production Set-Up
SIG SAUER® world renowned firearms are the weapons of choice for many of the premier global military, law enforcement and commercial users. In our world-class facilities, we build the toughest, most precise rifles, pistols, suppressors, optics, ammunition, and air guns, while offering the finest firearms training — all as a fully integrated system. We do this because we share the same drive to be the best, the same love of freedom, the same unwillingness to compromise — as those who choose SIG.
The tremendous growth of SIG SAUER has fueled outstanding opportunities for experienced professionals to join our team.
The function of the Packing Production Setup role is to facilitate items to the packing lines as required for each work order and to help with daily tasks assigned by their leads
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
* Ensure that all of the material needed for production lines is in place to complete each production run on time.
* Responsible for the collection and disposition of cardboard, empty rifle racks, and pistol trays on packing floor throughout shift as well as maintaining 5S.
* Ensure all Bench locations on packing lines are filled to capacity.
* Processing of Engraved UID labels which includes creating and maintaining files for individual SKUs. Executing UIDs properly to conserve TESA tape.
* Filling in on packing lines when needed.
* Assist in the training of temporary or permanent employees with packing area responsibilities.
* Issue reworks/reconfigures to jobs and check jobs for accuracy.
* Safely operate and maintain material moving equipment such as Hand Pallet Jacks, Reach Trucks, and motorized Pallet Jacks and to pick or transport packing materials or finished product.
Education and/or Experience:
* High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
* Basic computer systems knowledge
* Oracle Experience is a plus
* Must be able to work well in a team environment
* Must be able to work independently to accomplish multiple simultaneous tasks
* Must be able to work under the direction of a Supervisor and Lead
* Must be able to follow established safety procedure.
* Must have the Ability to lift 40 lbs repeatedly
* Must wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) which is required in designated areas.
SIG SAUER, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
Apply on company website