Here at Shake Shack, we take care of each other first and foremost so that we can make raves for our guests, community, suppliers, and investors. After all, teamwork makes the dream work. We work our buns off, but we play hard too, with a Team Appreciation Day, unlimited meal discounts, volunteer opportunities, and so much more. If you're looking for a deeply fulfilling, financially rewarding, and really fun career, you're in the right place.
The Payroll Analyst performs a wide variety of payroll processing activities to ensure the accuracy of the payroll for all employees. Will serve as a back-up to the Payroll Manager as needed. Maintains a thorough understanding of the entire payroll cycle and as necessary, independently runs payroll processes without errors and in a timely manner; identifies potential errors and partners with Payroll Manager to resolve, uses strong organizational skills to ensure all audits, payments and processing are done accurately and in a timely manner in accordance with payroll processing checklist. Uses working knowledge to troubleshoot and resolve anomalies.
- Support timely and accurate administration of multi-state payroll processing in Workday environment, Including garnishments, benefits and stock options. Process weekly payroll, including off cycle payroll runs for Home Office and US Shacks.
- Analyze and resolve escalated payroll issues and timekeeping inquiries from employees and managers through payroll knowledge and superior customer service.
- Responsible for ensuring that all tax obligations are met, and all tax reporting is filed timely and accurately by working with ADP Tax team to file and communicate with various federal, state, and local tax agencies. Review, analyze and communicate all tax notices in coordination with ADP tax team. Apply for tax authority IDs as needed. Perform all monthly, quarterly and annual wage and tax reconciliations, including employee W2s.Support employee tax adjustments, request amendments and process W2c as needed.
- Update and maintain Payroll SOP and QRG. Train field managers and employees on payroll impacting processes such as employee level set up in Workday, time card updates and cost allocation.
- Assist the Finance teams with reporting requirements and KPI's and support analysis and resolution of payroll accounting issues.
- Assist with Ad-hoc projects
Skills & Knowledge
- Remote position - Available to work west coast hours
- Multi-state payroll: demonstrated knowledge of all payroll taxes – federal, state and local set up to filing and reporting requirements, including income tax, unemployment and worker's compensation payments
- Strong working knowledge or Excel, including pivot tables, V look-up
- Restaurant Industry experience
- 2-3 years using Workday Payroll is a plus
- CPP/FPC is a plus
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 6-8 years of related work experience
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Transit Discount Program
- 401K Plan with Company Match
- Paid Time Off Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Dining Program
- Referral Bonus
- Online Training Program
- Career Development
- Corporate Fitness Discount Programs
- Choice of Global Cash Card or Direct Deposit
Beginning as a hot dog cart in New York City's Madison Square Park, Shake Shack was created by Danny Meyer, Founder and CEO of Union Square Hospitality Group and best-selling author of Setting the Table. Shack Fans lined up daily, making the cart a resounding success, and donating all proceeds back to the park beautification efforts. A permanent stand was eventually built…and the rest is Shack history! With our roots in fine dining and giving back to the community, we are committed to high quality food served with a high level of hospitality. Our team members enjoy a positive work environment that is deeply committed to the philosophy they we "Stand for Something Good."
Shake Shack is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, creed, age (over 40), disability (mental and physical), sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, gender expression, medical condition, genetic information, marital, military and veteran status.
Our company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws.
Apply on company website