CMA / ACMA / CMT
The Medication Partner at Senior Star has a significant impact on the lives of the residents and the community's overall culture.. The Medication Partner is an invaluable part of the Senior Star family! Below is a picture of the impact a Medication Partner has at Senior Star, it tells the story of what it looks like to be a difference maker!
At Senior Star, the Medication Partner acts to bridge the resident's past, present, and future relationships, lifestyle, habits, and routines, helping the resident to maintain a sense of self. The Medication Partner ensures that residents enjoy the highest level of care and protects the dignity, individuality, and independence of the residents served
All associates are also responsible for resident and associate engagement. We must make a choice every day to act in service of each other, and to fulfill our promise to do for each other with love.
A Medication Partner's direct contact with residents and their guests can make their day. Our Medication Partners do everything they can to delight residents and guests with excellent service and a smile. The Medication Partner's knowledge of the proper care techniques, state regulations, purposeful programming, and Senior Star's emergency response procedures help preform their jobs well and keep our residents safe.
As a Medication Partner, a typical day will include:
- Providing care and assistance to residents, assisting with activities of daily living.
- Observation of resident behavior and change in condition.
- Administer medications to assisted living and memory care residents.
- Process doctor's orders and maintain medication inventories.
- Chart and maintain accurate records of all medication and care services.
- Participation in resident programs.
- Responding to call lights and resident requests.
- Routine housekeeping items.
At Senior Star, all associates have a role in the sales process. The Medication Partner is uniquely positioned to influence the decision to move in by potential residents and their families. The Medication Partner must take pride in the work that they do and be able to speak to why Senior Star is the right community for the potential resident.
- Certified by the state to provide resident care and administer medications.
- Able to stand, sit, walk, squat, kneel, bend, reach and grasp frequently;
- Able to lift up to 40 pounds frequently, and over 40 pounds occasionally; and
- Speak, see, and hear, so that I can communicate with residents and co-workers;
Our priority has always been the safety and well-being of our residents and associates. As we've been monitoring the evolving situation of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), this priority has remained paramount; and that is why we'd like to share some of the steps Senior Star is taking during this time.
- As we work through the days and weeks to come, to ensure key roles are filled and our residents are taken care of, we will be utilizing alternative forms of interviews, including; phone, video, and remote meetings.
- The threat of COVID-19 is outside the front door of our communities. As an associate at Senior Star, the safety of our residents and fellow associates is our top priority. As difference makers, we recognize our responsibility in reducing the risk of exposure within the community. Ultimately, we understand that the individual choices we make outside of work will determine our ability to minimize this risk.
- All Senior Star associates are responsible for following all safety protocols while at work, committing to a sheltering lifestyle outside of work, and following the guidance of the CDC in regards to social distancing, social gatherings, and face masks.
Thank you for expressing your interest in Senior Star and your desire to become a difference maker! We know that together we can rise to the tremendous task at hand. We can keep our residents and each other safe, and we can thrive in this new normal. We know that even amid this pandemic, we have the power to make a profound difference in the lives of those around us.
Senior Star is a Great Place to Work!
Safety incentives, Occupancy bonuses, and referral bonuses available to all associates
Our Mission: UNITE & SERVE
Our Vision: A World of Difference Makers.
Our Promise: Do for each other with love.
If this inspires you…
If you want to work for a company that wants to support you and help you fulfill your purpose…
If you would like to be a part of a team that is highly engaged…
If you believe in our Mission, Values, and Promise…
We would love to hear from you!
Senior Star Culture Video
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
- Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
- Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
- Flexibility: Inspired to perform well when granted the ability to set your own schedule and goals
Licenses & Certifications
Apply on company website