Senior Helpers is currently looking for caregivers, our goal is to keep our seniors independent and safe at home, which allows them to enjoy a higher quality of life and peace of mind. If you are compassionate toward the elderly and would enjoy the satisfaction of helping them remain independent while living at home, a care giving opportunity with Senior Helpers might be for you!
We require a commitment to our clients and their families, as well as professionalism and a desire to enrich the lives of our clients. The ability to adapt to a changing environment is essential, and flexibility is required. Previous caregiver experience is a plus, but we will train you if you have a heart for seniors and the desire to be the best you can be.
Certified Home Health Aide
Provides various personal care and related paraprofessional services in accordance with an established plan of care. Provides for the personal needs and comfort of clients in their homes.
- Performs personal care activities that assist the clients with activities of daily living which include (but are not limited to):
- Personal hygiene (assisting to bathroom or in using bedpan, bathing, mouth, skin and hair and dressing)
- Ambulation ( Assisting with wheelchairs, walkers, transferring using gate belt or lift)
- Cooking (preparing meals or snacks,
- Medication reminders
- Running errands such as Doctor appointments, beauty salon or grocery store.
- Light housekeeping including (but are not limited to): vacuuming, dusting, sweeping or mopping floors, doing dishes, gathering trash, changing bed linens, light laundry.
- 18+ years of age with a phone
- Valid drivers license
- Reliable transportation with valid insurance
- High school graduate or G.E.D. certificate preferred.
- Experience is preferred but we will train the right person.
- Current CPR Certificate is recommended but not required.
- Ability read, speak and understand English as needed for the job.
- Companionship and conversation
- · Light housekeeping
- · Household management
- · Walking assistance
- · Eating assistance
- · Errands
- · Transportation using either the clients or your own vehicle
- · Meal planning and preparation
- · Laundry and linen changing
- · Bathing assistance
- · Dressing assistance
- · Toileting
- · Medication reminders
- · Monitor Alzheimer's & Dementia clients
In sleep-over or live in situations:
- Assist client to and from bed
- Assist client throughout the night
Apply on company website