Patient Care Tech - AL
# of Openings
US-CA-San Luis Obispo
Location : Location
US-CA-San Luis Obispo
Job Post Information* : Posted Date
Job Post Information* : External Company Name
Surgical Care Affiliates SCA
Job Post Information* : External Company URL
Location : Postal Code
Location : Address
1304 Ella St
Job Post Information* : Post End Date
Education - Required:
- Must be at least 18 years of age and have a high school diploma or its (GED) equivalency with satisfactory references
- Must be current in BLS
- Must be prepared for work responsibilities through: certified nursing assistant; or EMT or EMT-P through vocational/technical program; or nursing student who has obtained certification letter from faculty member after completion of clinical rotation; or graduate of a nursing program who did not successfully complete registered nurse licensure examination; or equivalent experience in the field of related discipline equal to the time required to obtain a CNA certification.
Education - Preferred:
- Computer literacy
- Previous work experience in an ambulatory surgery setting or acute hospital surgical department of no less than one (1) year.
- Ability to meet deadlines
We value Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging at Surgical Care Affiliates: SCA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability and genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
POSITION OBJECTIVE: Under the supervision of the Registered Nurse, provides quality patient care and is accountable of the duties assigned by the Registered Nurse which comply with state-specific laws for unlicensed assistive personnel. The Patient Care Technician is expected to maintain the nursing objectives and standards of care at the level for which she/he is prepared. The Patient Care Technician does not accept medical orders (direct and/or indirect).
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Effectively organizes time, equipment, supplies, and personnel.
- Uses equipment effectively by anticipating patient needs and providing appropriate care.
- Confirms that proper techniques and procedures are used according to accepted Standards of Practice and organizational policies and procedures.
- Assists with the ordering, receiving, and storage of supplies.
- Maintains order and cleanliness of the work area.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists Registered Nurse with organizing and prioritizing patient care in accordance with the standards of care and organizational policies.
- Assists Registered Nurse in maintaining an environment conducive to patient and personnel safety.
- Demonstrates comfort measures.
- Assists in admission, transfer and discharge procedures.
- Secures patient belongings
- Properly applies restraints/medical assistive devices (i.e. wrist restraints, vests, side rails).
- Follows surgery center infection control policies.
- Ensures identification band/bracelet is on patient.
- Maintains a clutter-free environment.
- Is knowledgeable of aseptic technique and when it is used.
- Is able to demonstrate knowledge of standard precautions and utilize in daily practice.
- Utilizes various communication equipment (i.e. pager system, phone, etc).
- Identifies resources for problem-solving.
- Stays informed of work area activities/changes.
- Supports work flow throughout operating rooms. This includes knowledge of case cart system if applicable and how to obtain additional or missing instruments and/or supplies as requested.
- Processes basic knowledge about surgical equipment and locations.
- Demonstrates ability to provide assistance with routine anesthesia supplies and equipment.
- Assist with informing biomedical technicians about equipment.
- May assume clerical assistant responsibilities.
- Documents care as appropriate for the clinical patient area and under the direction of a Registered Nurse
- Performs duties and tasks specific to the work area assigned.
- Adheres to written policies of the Surgery Center.
- Seeks educational opportunities to increase clinical competence and enhance personal growth.
- Responsible for completing mandatory classes relative to job responsibilities at the Surgery Center as well as for meeting continuing education requirements for certifications.
- Participates in the orientation of new employees as directed by Charge Registered Nurse
Apply on company website