Patient Account Representative (FT) - Treasure Valley Hospital
# of Openings
Location : Location
Job Post Information* : Posted Date
Job Post Information* : External Company Name
Surgical Care Affiliates SCA
Job Post Information* : External Company URL
Location : Postal Code
Location : Address
8800 Emerald Street
Job Post Information* : Post End Date
- Associate's Degree or equivalent from a two-year College or technical school; and two years' experience in a medical office as a patient account representative.
- Candidate MUST HAVE knowledge of medical billing, payer follow-up, payer contracts, appeals, self-pay billing, Medicare and Medicaid billing, AR posting, along with excellent customer service skills.
- Experience in a hospital, outpatient surgery center or related field is a MUST; Computer experience, Excel, Word, Medical Billing Software and Applications; Working knowledge of Medical Terminology.
We value Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging at Surgical Care Affiliates: SCA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability and genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
The Patient Account Representative will be responsible for thorough and timely patient account follow up with insurances to ensure accurate accounts receivable reporting; to ensure payments by primary and secondary payers and/or self-pay patients are accurate. The PAR will be responsible for daily generation of patient statements. The PAR will be responsible for answering patient calls and correspondence while providing timely, accurate, professional responses and resolution. The PAR will function within the Center's policies and procedures, support SCA Values, SCA Vision and SCA Mission.
- Primary functions are credit balance management, patient balance resolution and non-patient (insurance) resolution.
- Accurate and timely follow up and resolution for all accounts receivable.
- Meeting and maintaining cash collection metrics and goals.
- Maximized facility reimbursement.
- Understands each payer contract and will utilize to ensure payments received are correct.
- Understands and can explain the Explanation of Benefits received from any payer.
- Works closely with payer provider relations representatives.
- Has thorough knowledge of ASC Allowable procedures.
- Handles contracted and non-contracted; HMO, PPO, EPO, POS, Worker's Com., self-pay and third-party reimbursement issues.
- Effectively and independently handles second level reimbursement issues, contracted and non-contracted denials for serviced before and after procedures.
- Works all denials and corrected claims collaborating with the biller and/or Business Office Manager, insurance payers and/or patients on past due accounts.
- Follow center policies, procedures, and best practices for resolution and reassignment of accounts.
- Possess basic knowledge of medical terminology and health insurance billing.
- Have ability to communicate effectively with patient, physicians, and other teammates
Apply on company website