Our Operators come to Savage for the challenge, growth and focus on safety, but they stay because of the outstanding culture that exists here. We understand and respect our Team Members as the lifeblood of what we do. Team Members are encouraged to find a better way and are enabled to “do things they never dreamed possible”.
Advantages to Joining our team:
- A culture that appreciates Team Members
- Paid time off (“PTO”)
- Paid holidays
- Profit sharing
- Excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, and 401(k) with match
- Opportunity for growth
- A culture of safety
- A commitment to helping our Team Members do things that they never dreamed possible
- We pride ourselves on providing our team members with the latest equipment and the highest commitment to safety.
The primary responsibility of the Terminal Operator is to perform and operate facility equipment related to Savage's Midwest Forming Facility – a terminal dedicated to receiving, storing and forming Sulphur. It is located in South-East Chicago.
- Follow proper safety rules and operating procedures to support zero tolerance safety objectives
- Operate/maintain heavy equipment including prilling unit, frontend loaders, shiploader, conveyors, hoppers, and other mobile equipment
- Complete and maintain required daily paperwork
- Housekeeping duties, including shoveling, washing down of work areas, and keeping offices, restrooms, break rooms and work rooms clean and tidy but not limited to.
- Assist Maintenance personnel, as needed and directed
- Maintain company objectives and expectations in the absence of the Facility Manager and Operations Manager.
- Willingness to work weekends, nights, holidays and overtime as required to maintain safe and efficient operations.
- Ability to learn priller, stacker, ship loader and conveyor operating techniques.
- Experience in bulk materials, conveyor systems and heavy equipment.
- Proven ability to focus on details, follow work rules and adhere to work schedules.
- Experience with OSHA guidelines, policies, and procedures
- High School Diploma required.
- Excellent communication skills – both oral and written.
- Efficient with standard office software programs (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Must be able to multi-task and set priorities.
- Ability to manage confidential issues.
- Must have the ability to perform the essential physical functions of the position:
- Work in an environment containing sulphur odor/dust, hazardous noise, confined space, and in hot or cold environments.
- Work at heights , climbing stairs, and climbing ladders.
- Must have ability to wear required PPE.
- Must be able to pass a fit test and pulmonary function test for the purposes of wearing a respirator and recertify annually or as needed.
- Lift up to 50 pounds frequently.
Savage has been designated as a 2021 Military Friendly Employer. Additional information on our Veteran's Program, “Savage Patriots” can be found at https://www.savageservices.com/careers-for-veterans/.
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.
California Residents: Job Applicant Privacy Notice
Last Updated: January 1, 2020
Thank you for your interest in opportunities at Savage. We are providing you this notice in effort to be transparent about our how we collect and use your personal information.
Please know that by submitting your application materials, we will collect certain categories of personal information from you. These categories include: direct identifiers (e.g., your name, contact information, application account login information, and social media account information if you choose to provide it to us); professional information (e.g., your employment and education background); and other information you include in your resume and cover letter, such as your references, skills and abilities.
We use each category of personal information you provide primarily for recruitment and hiring purposes, and to evaluate your candidacy for the job opening(s) you apply to as well as other job openings at Savage that we think may interest you. We may also use your personal information to help detect security risks and incidents, to protect against fraudulent or illegal activity, to comply with federal and state laws, and to discover ways to improve our business and identify trends in our job applicants and workforce through internal and third party business analytics tools.
For more information or questions about opportunities at Savage, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com.
Apply on company website