Our Team Members come to Savage for the challenge, growth and focus on safety, but they stay because of the outstanding culture that exists here. Our company was founded on processing and transporting materials for our customers. We understand and respect our Team Members as the lifeblood of what we do. Team Members are encouraged to find a better way and are enabled to “do things they never dreamed possible”.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the daily rail car movement (safely and timely) within the customer's facility. This position will cover all aspects and duties of the Switchman, Locomotive operator, and (when designated) Crew Leader position, to fill vacant positions at the Green River operations.
These are just a few of the benefits you can expect from working with Savage:
- We provide Uniforms & PPE (laundering included)
- $350/year steel toe boot allowance
- Paid Holidays
- Excellent Benefits including medical, dental, vision, and 401(k) with match
- Rotating shift: 12 hour rotating shifts (days / nights / weekends / holidays)
What you will be doing:
- Responsible for the daily rail car movement in our customer's facility located in Green River, WY.
- Work with other crew members to safely spot rail cars at requested locations and build outbound trains for required pick up
- Must be cross-trained as Switchman and Locomotive Operator and willing to assist in the different functions performed at the facilities
- Operate a locomotive to spot rail cars on the correct tracks
- Build outbound trains, inspect rail cars and perform air brake inspections
- Committed to working safely at all times
Requirements of a successful Operations Support Specialist:
- Fill in vacant rail switching shifts at both locations
- As part of the on-call nature of the position, ability to work any shift schedule, including overtime when needed, as well as weekends and holidays
- Experience with rail switching and locomotive operations
- Minimum of 2 year experience in the Rail Industry is required
- As a temporary member of crew to which assigned, has willingness to help with maintenance, clean-up, and anything else that requires attention
- Position reports to the designated Operation Manager
- Dependable and committed to showing up for assigned work shifts
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
Here are some of the physical requirements of this role:
- Will work outdoors every day and will be exposed to weather elements
- Must be able to walk long distances, consistently bend, stoop, kneel and climb on uneven and elevated surfaces
- When performing switching (or other) duties, must physically be able to do the following:
- Climb on and off rail cars and locomotives safely
- Operate rail car hand brakes
- Operate rail switches
- Work, walk and stand on uneven ballast surfaces for long time-periods
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs consistently throughout the course of a shift
Savage has been designated as a 2021 Military Friendly Employer. Additional information on our Veteran's Program, “Savage Patriots” can be found at https://www.savageservices.com/careers-for-veterans/.
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.
California Residents: Job Applicant Privacy Notice
Last Updated: January 1, 2020
Thank you for your interest in opportunities at Savage. We are providing you this notice in effort to be transparent about our how we collect and use your personal information.
Please know that by submitting your application materials, we will collect certain categories of personal information from you. These categories include: direct identifiers (e.g., your name, contact information, application account login information, and social media account information if you choose to provide it to us); professional information (e.g., your employment and education background); and other information you include in your resume and cover letter, such as your references, skills and abilities.
We use each category of personal information you provide primarily for recruitment and hiring purposes, and to evaluate your candidacy for the job opening(s) you apply to as well as other job openings at Savage that we think may interest you. We may also use your personal information to help detect security risks and incidents, to protect against fraudulent or illegal activity, to comply with federal and state laws, and to discover ways to improve our business and identify trends in our job applicants and workforce through internal and third party business analytics tools.
For more information or questions about opportunities at Savage, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com.
Apply on company website