Savage Services Corporation is seeking a Maintenance Electrician, who, as a member of the Savage Oakland Maryland team, will be responsible for maintaining, troubleshooting and repairing electrical equipment and controls for the Oakland MD Mt Storm Unloading Facility.
Responsibilities / Job Duties:
- Ensure all work is performed in compliance with regulatory requirements and industry best practices
- Participate in the company safety team, and build Savage's Culture of Safety
- Keep the warehouse and work area clean and organized
- Learn and partner with the Maintenance Manager to utilize the CMMS system as a tool of organization and preventative maintenance record keeping
- Become knowledgeable in all aspects of the operation as it pertains to the Maintenance Electrician Position
- Become knowledgeable in all electrical schematics, PLC programs and sequence of operation
- Understand the instrumentation and field devices and perform repairs as needed
- Support other areas of operation, as deemed by the Supervisor, even in areas outside typical electrical duties
- Develop a good working relationship with customers electrician to assist in trouble shooting problems.
- Understands VFD Drives
- Understand electrical schematics, PLC and/or HMI programs, Sequence of operation.
- Understanding of instrumentation and field devices
- Experience working with a Fire Systems in an industrial setting
- Be willing to work with operations and other maintenance team members to achieve the operations critical objectives
- An understanding of the industrial process, how the different components in such a facility interact (truck unloading facility, tanks, pumps, motors, load-out)
- Drug Free and able to pass a criminal background check
- In-depth knowledge of liquid systems, including valves, pumps, meters, tanks, and pipelines
- Ability to read and understand mechanical and electrical blueprints
- Knowledge and experience using a CMMS
- Excellent communication skills: written and spoken
- Effective interfacing with internal leadership, direct reports, external vendors and other team members
- Self-starter capable of working independently
- Excellent planning and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and carry critical projects to completion
- Must be available 24/7 for callouts, in situations where maintenance issues could result in customer service failures
- Much of the facility is indoors, but will require some work outdoors. As such, the Maintenance Electrician will be subjected to the extreme elements: heat, wind, cold, snow, humidity, etc.
- The work site is an industrial rail facility and will require someone who can work safely around this type of environment, as well as ensure compliance to strict MSHA & OSHA regulations
- Will also be subjected to rigorous physical activities that include: climbing stairs, climbing ladders, stooping, bending, crawling, maneuvering in tight spaces, walking or standing the majority of the day, regularly lifting heavy tools/parts and more.
- Oil & gas background preferred
- 2 years or more experience applying electrical knowledge in an industrial setting
- 1 year or more experience with instrumentation
Savage has been designated as a 2021 Military Friendly Employer. Additional information on our Veteran's Program, “Savage Patriots” can be found at https://www.savageservices.com/careers-for-veterans/.
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.
California Residents: Job Applicant Privacy Notice
Last Updated: January 1, 2020
Thank you for your interest in opportunities at Savage. We are providing you this notice in effort to be transparent about our how we collect and use your personal information.
Please know that by submitting your application materials, we will collect certain categories of personal information from you. These categories include: direct identifiers (e.g., your name, contact information, application account login information, and social media account information if you choose to provide it to us); professional information (e.g., your employment and education background); and other information you include in your resume and cover letter, such as your references, skills and abilities.
We use each category of personal information you provide primarily for recruitment and hiring purposes, and to evaluate your candidacy for the job opening(s) you apply to as well as other job openings at Savage that we think may interest you. We may also use your personal information to help detect security risks and incidents, to protect against fraudulent or illegal activity, to comply with federal and state laws, and to discover ways to improve our business and identify trends in our job applicants and workforce through internal and third party business analytics tools.
For more information or questions about opportunities at Savage, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com.
Apply on company website