Do you want to be a key player in the movement and management of mission-critical materials for a progressive Company? Join Savage's team as the Logistics Director at The Woodlands, Texas operation. Savage continues to grow and is seeking a qualified individual who is progressive, relentlessly seeking improvement - asking the question "How can we become better tomorrow than we are today?" Join the 2020 Utah International Business of the Year and Best Companies to Work For and do things you've never dreamed possible.
Leading a group of 3 Team Members, the Logistics Director will own the supply chain network for Sulphur Trucking Operations and Inland & Offshore Marine Industry Unit Operations (Sulphur & Dry Cargo). This role will be responsible for identifying more efficient practices, performing detailed analysis, being collaborative and adaptable to change, and creating/delivering presentations to senior leadership.
Here are some of the things you'll get to experience:
- Logistics management and dispatch for TX, LA, FL, AZ and IL trucking transportation operations
- Scheduling/Logistics and charter management / contracting of three inland molten sulphur barges; contracting for an inland, dry cargo marine business; managing and developing relationships with the inland marine tow operators
- Coordination of transgulf vessels operated by Savage to ensure efficient vessel operation and meet all Customer requirements
- Recording/inventory reporting & management for all land and transportation assets and customers in North America
- Quality assurance management for all assets, including inventory management and custody transfers (molten & solid), and establishing leading practices and industry compliant procedures to ensure compliance with all contracts and Customer product specifications
- Support commercial development activities specific to Customers, with priority on sustaining and renewing existing business, elevating business services with existing Customers and supporting the development of new “Create” business opportunities for Savage
- Partnering with our IT Department to ensure logistics, analytical and reporting tools keep pace with technology to meet all Customer and contractual requirements
- Establish transparent Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) to propel overall performance in each area of the supply chain
- Ensure on-time delivery of all transportation modes (truck / barge / vessel) through the production of comprehensive delivery schedules
- Maintain compliance with legislation, policy & quality standards; audit / implement supplier and internal controls as required
- Mitigate potential risk factors; identification, root cause analysis & strategic solution implementation as necessary
- Support cost control / operations, through strategic alignment & execution of supply and logistics
- Manage all business functions in line with Savage's Strategic Framework (Purpose, Mission, Values) and all Company goals and strategic initiatives
- Prior experience with leading a team and ownership of a supply chain network within the transporation/logistics industry
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Excel creating graphs, pivot tables, macros, etc
- A comfort level in creating and presenting content to senior leadership
- Bachelors Degree in Supply Chain or similar field preferred, experience considered in lieu of education
Savage has been designated as a 2021 Military Friendly Employer. Additional information on our Veteran's Program, “Savage Patriots” can be found at https://www.savageservices.com/careers-for-veterans/.
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.
California Residents: Job Applicant Privacy Notice https://www.savageservices.com/careers/california-residents-job-applicant-privacy-notice/
For more information or questions about opportunities at Savage, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com.
Apply on company website