We are seeking a Driver who will be responsible for operating and hauling belly-dump double trailers, transporting "dry bulk" from the local area refineries to the port.
Savage offers competitive benefits that include: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long term disability, 401k with company match, profit sharing, paid time off, paid sick leave, paid breaks, and opportunities for future growth.
We are offering a $2,500 Sign-On & Retention Bonus!!
Our Class A CDL Drivers will complete "dry bulk" hauls as assigned in a safe and efficient manner to meet and exceed customer expectations. This position is a night shift but may transition to a day shift in the future.
- Driver will safely transport "dry bulk" from our operations in El Segundo to local port
- Driver will assist the operation with other tasks deemed necessary to meet customer expectations
- Driver will safely operate all equipment on the road and follow DOT/company regulations
- Driver will report maintenance issue to the maintenance crew
- Driver will take an active role in our safety program including attendance to all safety meetings, while ensuring safe behaviors of self and subordinate
- Class A CDL required
- Doubles endorsement, or the ability to obtain one
- Must have TWIC card or the ability to obtain one, and pass a background for refineries
- Understand best practices of maintaining and safely operating tractor trailers
- Must be safety conscious and understand safe work practices
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Must be comfortable with heights, including the ability to walk up and down ladders on trailers
- Can successfully pass Savage's road test, which will include a proper pre and post trip inspection of the vehicles
Savage is an innovative supply-chain solutions company. We are the leading provider of fully integrated systems, designed and operated to solve unique logistics and materials management challenges for industrial companies throughout North America. Each of us at Savage is committed to integrity and delivering reliable, sustainable services in a safe and environmentally responsible manner. We expect our people to be progressive, relentlessly seeking improvement; experiencing opportunities for personal growth by working for a world-class organization and leader in the industry.
Savage has been designated as a 2021 Military Friendly Employer. Additional information on our Veteran's Program, “Savage Patriots” can be found at https://www.savageservices.com/careers-for-veterans/.
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.
California Residents: Job Applicant Privacy Notice
Last Updated: January 1, 2020
Thank you for your interest in opportunities at Savage. We are providing you this notice in effort to be transparent about our how we collect and use your personal information.
Please know that by submitting your application materials, we will collect certain categories of personal information from you. These categories include: direct identifiers (e.g., your name, contact information, application account login information, and social media account information if you choose to provide it to us); professional information (e.g., your employment and education background); and other information you include in your resume and cover letter, such as your references, skills and abilities.
We use each category of personal information you provide primarily for recruitment and hiring purposes, and to evaluate your candidacy for the job opening(s) you apply to as well as other job openings at Savage that we think may interest you. We may also use your personal information to help detect security risks and incidents, to protect against fraudulent or illegal activity, to comply with federal and state laws, and to discover ways to improve our business and identify trends in our job applicants and workforce through internal and third party business analytics tools.
For more information or questions about opportunities at Savage, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com.
Apply on company website