Position Title: Quarterly Adjunct Lecturer - Modern Dance Choreography – Rehearsal and Performance Position Type: Temporary Hiring Range:
$40 per hour. We estimate the QAL 0.5 load position will require 85 hours of effort, including syllabus prep, class prep, class time, office hours and student meetings/correspondence, grading, and any mandatory meetings/trainings.Job Description:
The Department of Theatre and Dance at Santa Clara University, the Jesuit, Catholic university in Silicon Valley, seeks applicants for a Quarterly Adjunct Lecturer (non-tenure track) position to teach a course in Modern Dance Choreography – Rehearsal and Performance. Specific assignments will be made according to the academic qualifications of the individual and programmatic need. This is a non-exempt, hourly position. Santa Clara University is on the quarter system, and the quarters are 10 weeks long with an 11th week for final examinations. The successful candidate will teach no more than 2 courses in any quarter and no more than four courses over the fall, winter and spring quarters.
- MFA in Dance required.
- Prior experience choreographing at the university level or commensurate professional experience.
- Commitment to teaching theatre and dance within a liberal arts context required.
Duties include but are not limited to:
1. Create an original modern dance on 10 or more intermediate/advanced dancers for Images 2020.
2. Conduct all assigned rehearsals weekly through Winter quarter.
3. Assess student performance and communicate to Images director.
4. Fulfill other instructional or academic duties as may be assigned by the Dean of the College of Arts and Sciences or the Chair of the Department.
This position does not require any service duties. You may be invited, but not required, to attend department meetings or activities. This would be compensable (paid) time.
DANC 29/129 – Rehearsal and Performance.
Create and rehearse an original modern dance for 10 or more intermediate/advanced dancers to be presented at the departmental dance concert Images, February 6-9, 2020.
Winter Quarter is January 7 through March 20, 2020.
For further information, contact Prof. Pauline Locsin-Kanter at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Letter of interest;
- Contact information for three references where confidential letters will be solicited upon application submission.
Santa Clara University does not sponsor any visa applications for this position. The successful candidate must be able to provide evidence of identity and legal authorization to work in the United States.
Apply on company website