Position Title: On-call Administrative and Event Support Position Type: Fixed Term (Fixed Term) Salary Range:
Salary grade 6: $20.54 - $22.16Pay Frequency: Hourly Job Description: POSITION DESCRIPTION STAFF College of Arts and Sciences
On-Call Administrative and Event Support
Job Code Title:
College of Arts and Sciences
Sr. Assistant Dean
Staffing, Human Resources (Name and Signature)A. POSITION PURPOSE
In conjunction with the Senior Assistant Dean, oversee the administrative aspects of the College of Arts and Sciences. As the administrator, primarily coordinate the oversight of special projects and events for the College.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1.Administrative and event management.
- Provide administrative support for the college.
- Event projects management.
- Special Projects as assigned by the Senior Assistant Dean.
- Under the supervision of the Senior Assistant Dean, and with support from the Office Manager and Director of Strategic Initiatives and Partnerships, coordinate aspects of project management and the administration of special projects, programs and events.
- Maintain the flow of information and ensure good working relationships between clients and office staff.
- Direct support for special projects.
- Direct support for the managers and directors.
3. Other duties and projects as assigned.
C. PROVIDES WORK DIRECTION
D. GENERAL GUIDELINES
Recommends initiatives and implements changes to improve quality and services. Identifies and determines cause of problems; develops and presents recommendations for improvement of established processes and practices. Maintains contact with customers and solicits feedback for improved services. Maximizes productivity through use of appropriate tools; planned training and performance initiatives. Prepares and submits reports as requested and required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The items below are representative of the knowledge, skills, abilities, education, and experience required or preferred.
This position requires the ability to effectively establish and maintain cooperative working relationships within a diverse multicultural environment.1.Knowledge ·Project, Financial, Staffing, Administration, and Data-base administration 2.Skills
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, creative problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Professional, service-oriented demeanor and proper dress when dealing with clients.
- Proficient administrative skills.
- Computer literacy, including proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to think strategically, prioritize effectively, meet deadlines, and accurately process information.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively and maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects successfully is essential.
- Ability to meet deadlines and stay on budget.
- Ability to work with a variety of clients and technical staff (students and professional staff).
- Must work well in fast-paced, dynamic work environment.
- Appreciation for and understanding of the principles of a Jesuit education.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 1-2 years of event coordination or project management experience required.
F. PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, as amended, the California Fair Employment & Housing Act, and all other applicable laws, SCU provides reasonable accommodations for qualified persons with disabilities. A qualified individual is a person who meets skill, experience, education, or other requirements of the position, and who can perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Considerable time is spent at a desk using a computer terminal.
- May be required to travel to other buildings on the campus.
- May be required to attend conference and training sessions within Bay Area or in- or out-of-state locations.
- May be required to occasionally travel to outside customers, venders or suppliers.
G. WORK ENVIRONMENT
The work environment characteristics described below are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Typical office environment.
- Mostly indoor office environment with windows.
- Offices with equipment noise and music from the music department.
- Offices with frequent interruptions.
- Off-site locations throughout the community
- Availability on some evenings and weekends.
Apply on company website